“Good Service, Good price, but the rooms were just OK”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband picked this in search of a cheap place to stay on the way back from Michigan. The room was spacious, fairly clean (new), and the price very reasonable (under $100). But, there were a few negatives.
1.The walls were paper thin and like other people mentioned, you could really hear the people walking around above.
2.The free breakfast looked inedible, we went to Bob Evans instead.
3. There was definitely the feeling that some of the people staying there weren't traveling. I'm just not a big fan of places with kitchenettes because I think it encourages low income people to live there.
On the upside, the staff was extremely professional, helpful, and nice. I dont think I'd stay there again, but my husband probably would.

Room Tip: Light sleepers must ask for a top floor room, or risk laying awake all night long!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank gnicolecan
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

We would like to extend a sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experience during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make changes that serve our guests better. Please call me directly and I would be happy to speak with you regarding your experience. We do strive to give value and quality to our guests with spacious full kitchen suites. We also provide many amenities including 42 inch plasma Tv and Dvd player with hi-def cable channels, indoor heated pool, fitness center, guest laundry, free wired/wireless internet, and complimentary hot breakfast. We have many long term corporate guests that stay with us and I do hope you'll give us another try.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Reviewed 15 December 2011

My fiance and I and our best friends stayed at this hotel for a night. It is a very clean, very nice hotel, but in a very beat up part of town, and its not really close to anything.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kingsrattler

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make changes that serve our guests better. The hotel is located in a very safe and quiet area of Sharonville. It is conveniently located off of highway I-75 within many nice restaurants and retail establishments. Tri-County Mall is about 5 minutes away and we are within 20 minutes of downtown Cincinnati and Premium Outlet mall. We would be glad to suggest restaurants and retail outlets the next time you visit us.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Absolutely what you expect from Hawthorn. Nice, clean and pretty large size rooms. Fully equipped kitchen with all appliances and the crockery,cutlery and utensils that you will need.
The living space was neatly arranged and to top it up was a large screen High Definition TV. Breakfast was complimentary and although the breakfast area was little small but you can take it to your room. The breakfast had a good spread and they even had some evening social although I didn't quite make it on any of the days I was there. Overall value for money and would stay again when I am in Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Lot of options for eating out close by including Ruby Tuesday and one Indian Restaurent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ScarfaceSG
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My fiance and I just recently stayed this past weekend in a jacuzzi suite. The room was not cleaned properly before our arrival. The fan in the bathroom did not work. The jacuzzi itself was very small and had some damage to the back side, which caused lots of water to leak on to the floor! The bed was very uncomfortable. We will not be returning to any Wydham hotels ever again. And after all of this I was charged an additional $250 dollars for allegedly smoking marijuana in the room. Clearly I nor my fiance smoke cigarettes or marijuana!! This was just a way for them to charge us more money...

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank DPZ44
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion. The guest stayed one night in our One Bedroom Jacuzzi suite. The front desk staff noticed strong odor emanating from the guest at checkout. Housekeeping staff found overwhelming evidence of smoking in a Non-smoking suite. The hotel enforces a strict policy against smoking in non-smoking suite and guest was advised of the policy at check in.
The spacious King Jacuzzi Bedroom with separate living room has a spacious 2 person Jacuzzi and new Serta Pillow top mattresses with duvet bedding.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I went there for a weekend in Cincinnati and stayed 2 nights and we realy did not expect that its gonna be that good. We had a king suit with a sofa in the living room, a kitchen and 2 42" TV's one in the living room area and one in the bed room. The kitchen itself was fuly equipped with a fridge, dishwahser, microwave, stove, a coffee machine and there where even small and big plates, cups, and glasses in the kitchen cabintes as well as spoons forks,and knifes in the drawers. The kitchen was spotless clean as well as the rest of the room and I lovde the feeling of like beeing at home and having all the comfort. The small downpart of it though were the not good pillows and for me a too hard bed matress. The variety for breakfast was also another thing that impressd us as well as the nice indoor pool with towels - al in all A GREAT CLEAN HOTEL WORTH EVRY PENNY OF THE STAY..We'll definately go there again when we are in Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Reserve on the top floor, because if you are on the 1st or ground floor you'll here the bumping...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple