“Mother's Day Brunch”
Review of Sweet Heart Cafe

Sweet Heart Cafe
Ranked #616 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 4 June 2018

A little late in this review; but my mother and father have eaten here many times. She was always telling us how good the scones were. So for Mother's Day; my daughter and myself took my mom there for brunch. I have to say the service was good. Our food was fresh and hot. We were too full t actually eat a scone inside (as they are the size of a plate) ------ so we selected several flavors to go. We were given very generous portions and we had a nice snack later that day. A cute little tucked away little gem.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This used to be a place I would frequent as well as recommend to both locals and visitors for a hearty, home cooked meal, but after my recent experience, I will sadly not return. This is solely due to the service. Service here is typically slow because they usually have just one server for all tables. That is something I came to expect and accept. However, the service on this last visit was simply unacceptable. And not because it was slow or because of my server. My mother ordered a coconut cream pie. It came out more like coconut cream soup. We didn't make a fuss about it, but when the server asked why it was not eaten we simply told her we did not care for it. The server politely offered to remove it from the check. When we received the check, it still had the pie on it. No big deal, we figured we would just let the cashier know. Apparently it was a big deal because when I brought it up to the cashier, she went off on me like I was crazy to even mention it. She proceeded to give me a sob story about how she personally slaved over the pie and she knows it was runny but that was because she added too much milk and that was no reason for her to take it off the bill. I said that's fine we will pay for it (I just wanted to get out of there at that point, I could not stand the berating any longer over a $3 slice, or scoop in this case, of pie). I did let her know the only reason I mentioned it was because the server had offered to do it. She then starts going off on me again about how a server has no authority to make that kind of decision (like I'm supposed to know that?!). At that point I tuned her out, grabbed my phone to text the 6 friends who I had recommeded this place to and were on their way to turn around and find somewhere else to eat. I'm assuming this cashier must be the owner as she is somehow getting away with treating her customers so rudely. Can't imagine if I said a word about how I noticed the portion sizes of their ribs have mysteriously been cut in half!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

one waitress for all the tables. I saw her poor coffee, look at one of the cups, she must have seen something on the side of the cup, LICKED HER FINGER, and used her spit to wipe away whatever was on the cup!!! I almost got up but made sure that cup wasn't mine... We wont go back. If something like that happened to me, you know it must happen a lot.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We live fairly close to Colerain & eat out often and today was the first time I was able to eat here b/c my husband's coworker showed him where it was. It's tucked in the corner close to Outback Steakhouse and it is truly a gem! So is the story of how the place came to be!! It has been around less than 5 years and has very little advertising so it's getting to be more of a local favorite. It was some cute decor that reminds you of grandma's house with the large collection of teapots and other oddities. So the atmosphere is very cozy. Our waitress was Bobbie and she was awesome! Also, one of the gentlemen cleaning our tables was so quiet but funny. I accidentally spilled some coffee and he ran over to help get some napkins and when I apologized that I couldn't recall the last time that happened he chuckled and said, "Yeah, Tues was a long time ago" and smiled (this was Saturday). Besides the staff the food was great! My husband had the breakfast of eggs, potatoes, biscuits & gravy (all great) and I had the lunch of a grilled ham, Chee's and pineapple jam (oh so good! & A wedge salad. It was wonderful....just wish I had room for dessert! They had the counter lined with pastries & pies....plus, at the register they sell homemade jams, cupcakes and a few crafts. This place is truly a gem and I hope it stays in business a long time! (P.s...they also had other various sandwiches, soups, breakfasts and so on. Plus the coffee is fresh ground, delicious and extremely hot...be careful!)

1  Thank Aimee R
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

There is nothing like this little gem in Colerain and Judy only knows one size ginormous. Everything there wonderful and baked with love and you can't find that much anymore