“Good steak house”
Review of Embers

Embers
Reserve with OpenTable
Embers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Galbraith Road
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The ribeye was perfectly cooked and the spinach was great. All items can be made gluten free and they have plenty of options if you are eating Whole 30, Keto or paleo. The salad was fresh and the wait staff were very efficient and friendly. This is a great place to meet friends or family.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My wife and I decided to try Embers for our wedding anniversary. We were not overly impressed especially considering it is a more expensive restaurant; there appeared to be a lack of attention to detail. After my wife ordered the lobster, I ordered the ribeye. As the server began to leave the table I had to mention to him "I would like that medium rare." That is generally the first question asked by a server after a steak is ordered. Fifteen to twenty minutes later as my steak was delivered, the server said "I'll go check on the lobster." Seriously? The entire meal isn't served simultaneously? When they brought my wife's lobster, the plate was missing the side of sauteed spinach. The server said, "let me check on that." Seriously? I cut into my steak to find out it was cooked medium to medium well, definitely not what I had requested. The server apologized and took it away. Immediately the manager came over and apologized and asked if I would like some soup while the steak was being prepared. I said "no" and she then offered complimentary desert; I said OK. Needless to say we were both disappointed with the experience and we probably will not return.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to this hidden gem in an upscale strip mall in Kenwood. Last year when I dined here I thought it was excellent and talked about it for a long time afterwards. This visit was even better and exceeded my already-high expectations! The Shrimp Tempura Sushi Roll and the Green Goddess Salad were mouth-watering delicious; the Flirtini Cocktails were so good; the Seared Scallops entree and the House Ribeye were beyond describable delish; and the grande finale was a top tie between the Oreo Donuts with Baileys Cookies & Cream Ice Cream with a side of Blackberry Sauce, and the over-the-top Banana Panini which were truly mind-blowing!!! The service was excellent and the frequent visits from the very friendly Manager, Greg, were such a nice personal touch. From a hard-to-please food critic who dines out every day, I can easily say this is one of the best dining experiences in recent memory! I can’t wait until my next visit when I return to Cincinnati for Labor Day. A must-visit when in the Cincinnati area.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Embers is a nice restaurant in Cincinatti with good quality food. Service was friendly and attentive and the ambiance was pleasant.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I've been here several more times since the review I left nearly three years ago. I've dined in the dining room a few times and have gone to the bar even more for drinks.

When I go out to a fine restaurant, I want to relax. The dining room is definitely better for that because half-price sushi night at the bar is often standing room only with obnoxious affluent patrons bragging, competing with each other, stealing seats, and just otherwise not showing tasteful humble decorum. This must be a mid-sized Midwestern city thing because I've seen it in other upscale restaurants here but rarely when I used ot live in the northeast.

Despite this, I've always received impeccable service and don't feel that I've ever been slighted in favor of any other patron.

My suggestion if these types of people bother you and you can skip sushi, go to the bar some other night or eat in the dining room.