“local clique”

Ranked #1,155 of 2,050 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Haven't been here in many years. Had burger, fries and a couple of beers. Spoke to a regular that informed me that the bartender is the owner's daughter. Arrogant and acted as though she wanted to be somewhere else. And she obviously favored the regulars over a visitor. The regular advised that he doesn't eat here because the kitchen is dirty. Wish that he had spoken up before I ate. As I said, it has been many years. I guess it will be many more before I return.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This place is the quintessential neighborhood bar. Maybe 1/2 step above a dive bar. Decent burgers and wings, etc. ok beer selection, mostly 1990s typical, but there are some crafts available in cans/bottles/draft. You're not getting anything Gourmet here, but it isn't a total dump either. This is a dinner-time review. No idea what it's like at later hours.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I had lunch there with a friend and had an awful experience. The food was ok. I had the double cheese burger and fries. Nothing great. The actual server was odd, but attentive. That is until it came time for the check. The price for my meal was incorrect. It's one of those places without an actual computer print out of prices, but are instead hand written. When I brought the discrepancy to the server's attention, he seemed confused and had to check with the manager. He came back after checking and has removed about 50 cents, but the bill was still incorrect. I asked him to change it again and he refused, saying "It is what it is," once at the table and again as he walked away. I went to the manger to get my original receipt, but she refused to let me have it.

Needless to say, this is unacceptable. I've had a lot of bad service over the years, but never had a place refuse to correct a mistake in pricing, or care so little to make the customer happy. Because of this, I won't be returning.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We had a larger group of about seven 12 year old baseball players, their siblings, and parents after a Friday evening game. Salem Garden was very accommodating and the service was friendly and attentive. The food was pretty good too.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We've driven by Salem Gardens more times than I can count and each time we say, "we should go there". Well, finally we did! We started to sit outside on their very nice patio, but the cigarette smoke drove us inside. The servers were really hustling; they were very busy but service was prompt and friendly. There were lots of families there and it was obvious that many of them knew each other, so this is clearly a local favorite. Our food was good, not outstanding, but certainly tasty.