“Best bar food around”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Every bar has bar food but the Friendly Stop really does it right! Their crinkle cut French fries are the best! I've had their cheeseburger which is very good. They have an excellent Reuben. The beer is cold and the staff is, as promised, friendly!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Friendly Stop doesn't look like much -- it's a very old building oozing with rustic charm. There's parking in back, but not much, but there is free on-street parking. The interior has an old corner bar feel -- nice big bar, lots of tables. It's seat yourself friendly. We snagged a window table & our waitress came right over to take our drink orders. From eavesdropping on other diners, it appears that this is a neighborhood café with lots of regulars. And no wonder! The prices are very, very reasonable and the food looked delicious. I love to judge by how a place does its BLT, so that was my choice with a side of onion rings. If they can do both to my satisfaction, I know everything else is good. The BLT was super! Lots of nice crisp bacon, garden fresh tomato slices, and fresh lettuce with not too much mayo. The onion rings were thick slices with a nice crispy beer batter. Sandwiches all appeared to be in the $6-8 range and come with chips and a pickle slice. My BLT was $6 and I upgraded to the onion rings for $3. Living up to its name, our waitress was very friendly; service was prompt; and we definitely will be back. No wonder this appears to be a favorite with the local residents. Good food and good prices!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Four of us friends from High School usually meet for lunch once a month. This was the first time that we went to Friendly Stop Bar & Grill at 985 Congress Ave Glendale Ohio 45246. The service was very good and the waitress was very friendly. I had half of a over stuffed grilled Ruben and a cup of soup for $6.79. the other three had a BLT, Cheeseburger, and a Grilled Chicken Breast salad.
The bar has been there from the early Fifthy's very clean and plenty of tables to sit at. & plenty of off street parking.. We all plan to go back aain

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I had not been to this place win awhile, so my wife and i decided to go tonight for a casual meal. There was several patrons enjoying themselves after a Bengals win over the Browns. We each got a cup of chili, which is very thick and filling and shared a salad with grilled chicken on it (honey mustard and balsamic vinegarette dressing on the side) and a salmon burger. There is plenty of options for beers and other alcoholic beverages to choose from. The service was great- very friendly.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

After watching my nephew soccer ten of us wanted s place to eat and watch football. We called ahead and they had a table for ten waiting for us. Good service. Very local atmosphere. Good place to watch local sports. The garlic on the burgers is awesome. Good onion rings. Very reasonable price.