“Exquisite food”
Review of Alfio's Buon Cibo

Alfio's Buon Cibo
Reserve with OpenTable
Alfio's Buon Cibo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,164 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Erie & Michigan
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We were staying nearby, and had not made dinner plans. A quick search and menu review lead us to Alfio's, and the food and service met and exceeded our expectations.

Even though it was Saturday evening and we didn't have reservations, they were able to locate a table for our party of four immediately, but it looked to be the last open table in the place.

My wife had the Rib Eye with Chimichurri . It was her third steak of the week, and she determined it was the best of all of them. I had the chicken Marsala and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. We both had excellent, fresh Caprese salads.

Our dining companions were very happy with their choices as well. One had the ribeye with a cup of Cioppino, while the other had the Butternut Squash soup and the pear and fig salad.

We all shared the Empanada appetizer and found them excellent.

The service was top-notch; attentive and personable.

We would definitely return the next time we are in the Cincinnati area! The reviews are well deserved!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My parents took the family to Alfio's. They had been there a few times and it was our first, but won't be our last. We started with the Mussels appetizer which everyone enjoyed. I had the Grilled Caesar Salad which was fantastic. My 8 year old loved the short rib ravioli and I was impressed with my Ribeye with Chimichurri.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Firstly the lady looking after our table was excellent. She knew everything in great detail. Her recommendations were excellent.
I had the short rib bruschetta for starter which was very good. I then had the rib eye steak which was only 30 dollars. For the standard of steak this was a very good price.

For dessert I trusted our waitress and got the award winning raspberry tiramisu I was not disappointed it was really good.

Can't recommend this place highly enough great value great staff and delicious food.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This was one of the most amazing dining experiences I have ever had! We started our meal out with some refreshing caipirinhas. Our appetizers were the mussels and empanadas. The mussels were in the most delectable sauce. The empanadas were four different varieties and each better than the last- but the chimichurri sauce that accompanied it is the best I have EVER had and I’ve dined in some amazing Latin restaurants in Miami. Next came the veal short raised rib ravioli and the 5 cheese ravioli. The short rib ravioli is a Cincinnati gem. I wanted to cry while eating because of how unexpectedly delicious it was- words cannot articulate the flavor and texture of this dish. The five cheese was also amazing but the hint of truffle oil on the short rib ravioli put it in to first place for me. I had the privilege of meeting chef Bob Hawkins and letting him know of his gift. Next was the skirt steak, Korean ribs, and chorizo. We also paired that with the chimichurri. Such great cuts of meat with amazing flavor. I usually don’t even eat red meat - but I am glad I decided to do it with gusto. We had the chocolate trio for dessert and couldn’t believe we were able to have more than a few bites..... Thankfully I wore a dress that stretches! That dessert had Rumchata gelato on a brownie.... need I say more?!? Our server Marco was a pure delight and gave us hardworking parents an amazing date night along with the great atmosphere. Sincere compliments to Chef Bob!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank 760erins
Reviewed 27 May 2018

I personally know Alfio and his exceptional love for great cuisine. He is Argentinian from Italian origin and he successfully mixed north Italian cuisine with Argentinian culture in a very palatable bond. His plates of ravioli are amazing and won several awards. They fully deserved them. Can be a little bit noisy and parking is always an issue.

Date of visit: May 2018