3 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$295
Traveluro$324
Lol.travel$353
1,803 results
All reviews contemporary art unique hotel rooftop bar front desk staff valet parking metropole penguins galleries tiles hip exhibits nada robes
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2022

While the rooms are sizable and well appointed, when you get of the elevators and start down the hallway the building has a dingy feel to it. The housekeeping staff wasn't on their game when they cleaned our room. There was hair in the bathroom and on the night stands, we wiped them off, as we were only going to be there for one night. The bathroom was appointed with ceramic tiles that I'm sure were supposed to lend to it being the museum hotel but we found peculiar. The real problem was the staff, check in went great and she even told us which one of the garages to park in. It was later that evening when we were returning to the hotel that staff was sub-standard. We wanted to ask about food options that late in the evening and as the gentleman at the desk was helping another patron, I waited to ask a couple of questions, when he finished with that guest i stepped up and looked directly at me as I was in mid-sentence and turned and walked away without any acknowledgement. We turned our attention to lady that was working the desk with him and she was not really wanting to be of much assistance, the attitude that we were picking up on is she was more bothered by us than anything else, and neither one of us did anything to illicit this type of response. The art was not very impressive. What you are going to spend to stay here will get you a better room and better service elsewhere, but as they say location,location, location.....that's the only thing this place has going for it.

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank DONOVANC250
FD Management, Guest Services / Front Office at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2022

Hello Donovan,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I am truly sorry for the different issues that you experienced during your stay with us at 21c Cincinnati. Please know that I have relayed your comments about the cleanliness of your room and the upkeep of the guest hallways to our Rooms Department.

I am most disappointed in hearing about your experience with our Front Desk staff. We are known for our exceptional guest service, and I am truly shocked upon reading your review. I will be personally speaking to each of our Front Desk Agents in regards to this incident - It is truly not in line with our high standards and is not representative of the kind of experience we hope to offer our valued guests. I am sorry for the way that this interaction negatively impacted your stay with us.

We will be changing-out our current art exhibition next month and will also be returning to full breakfast service in Metropole. Nothing would thrill me more than to win back your confidence and treat you to the true 21c Experience the next time you are in town. Please reach-out to me directly so that I can arrange all of the details of your reservation.

Thank you once again for your time and feedback. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to hear from you in the near future!

Darek Jerome
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

I would absoultely stay here again. The staff were customer service orientated. However front desk did not seem familiar with surrounding area eateries & attractions. Also asked for room with view & it turned out to be of the back of the building. Needed maintenance due to clogged toilet & they were very prompt in addressing issue. Made appt. For facial service which was highly enjoyable. Recommend you make it in advance as a lot of clients are "regulars".
Great art and fantastic adjoining restaurant Metrople(make reservations)
Skip high priced valet and park at garage at 600 vine (beneath prime steakhouse) less than block away.

Room tip: Make reservations for metropole restaurant. Schedule appt. For facials Park at 600 vine Ask for room with view of river
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank open_to_the_world

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati.

Our apologies for not quite getting you into the right room, but we would love to accommodate you on your next stay.

We are thrilled that you were able to experience everything that we have to offer, from the art to the spa to the restaurant to the comfortable bed! We certainly hope to see you again in the near future.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Darek Jerome
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2022 via mobile

As far as rooms, they are nice, but nothing crazy fancy. King rooms are spacious. Comfortable beds. Bathroom is roomy and the showers are hot. The staff was nice and gave off a cool vibe.

In a central location within walking distance of several restaurants and theater spots.

But the reason you should stay in this hotel is for the art. Galleries are accessible to guests 24/7. I made a whole evening of grabbing delicious cocktails from the hotel restaurant bar (Metropole, reviewed separately) and wandering around admiring each piece.

There were some very well known artists on display this time around, including Bisa Butler, Kehinde Wiley, and Ebony G. Patterson. Works were colorful, provocative, thought provoking. Sparkling, visceral, some huge in scale. Writing this review, I wish I had spent even more time with each piece.

Valet parking is 39 dollars, but it’s so often congested in front of the hotel, we found it easier to park in the garage around the corner, 600 vine. It’s 21 dollars for 18 hours or so. We parked around 6 PM and left around noon the next day and it was 21 dollars.

One Saturday night in a luxury king was around 374 dollars.

Great experience if you can afford it. Otherwise you can access the art during open hours.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank hrobinson1114
Reviewed 30 March 2022 via mobile

Our room was clean, but a bit dated. The art was a bit disturbing. In my opinion it was a bit dark. There is nothing available for breakfast. They do have coffee pots available in lobby area and some exposed bagels with fruit. I am not one for grabbing your own food without a sneeze guard. Parking is expensive.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2022 via mobile

If I would like to see the artwork, I would go to a museum than visit a hotel with art, but I would say the art at the hotel was good, and it’s the only thing that’s good at the hotel.

The rooms are spacious, and the service was good, especially the valet team and the team that helped with the bags. The front desk staff was friendly too.

The rooms are dusty, with lint over the clothes when you wake up. The water doesn’t drain into the sink or bathtub. The room has poor lighting. I doubt I will stay at the hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with family