“Good food but needs and update”

Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Pavlion
Description: Teak Thai Cusine and Sushi Bar is located in Cincinnati and serves Thai Cuisine.
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I went here with a coworker and although our food was good I was disappointed with the service. I felt rushed (even though there were just a few tables there at lunch) our server was also reaching across us a lot and didn't appear to know server etiquette. The decor needs a major update too and didn't appear to be cared for.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Located in Mt Adams this restaurant does have parking across the street. For those that know Mt Adams you know that is a plus. We had reservations and were seated quickly.
Service was good. Portions were plentiful. Meals were good. I am in the restaurant small wares business so I notice little things such as the fact that they had nice fork and spoon but the knife was a very inexpensive off brand. China was average at best. I would have given this a Good Rating but the options are average and very good. Still a nice experience for my first time there.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I was excited to go there for a large family get together. I got the classic chicken pad Thai and an expensive bowl seafood soup. Even though I got a level 2 spiciness for both, the pad Thai tasted very bland, while the soup was extremely hot/spicy yet had no flavor. It tasted like someone put hot red chili flakes into water, and then put the seafood into that. I didn't see a single lime leaf or lemongrass in the soup for flavor. And I ended up just picking out the scallops and eating them alone because the broth was way too hot and was flavorless anyway. My friends agreed with me that the quality of food has gone downhill. The pad Thai wasn't the worst I've ever had by far, it actually had a decent subtle flavor to it. Wish it came with some lime to squeeze on it to add some flavor. I expected more from a restaurant I once held in high regard as the best in Cincinnati. This is the kind of place you go to for ambience, not for quality of the food. Disappointing!! The one thing that was tasty were the curry puffs, but they were not as good as the other place that my mom told me she likes (I don't remember the name).

Sid N, Manager at Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

We're sorry to hear your recent dining experience was disappointing. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. We will certainly be sharing your comments with our Chef and kitchen staff so they can make improvements to the dishes. We value your input as we constantly strive to improve on the overall experience for each customer and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. Despite your most recent experience, we hope that you will give us another chance to earn back your business in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent! Period! We had the Teak Trio and the Cashew Chicken. Both dishes were splendid. The Pad Thai was out of this world. One of the finest Asian dishes ever consumed!

The ambiance and decor are quite nice. Beautiful jazz swing in the background.

Moses, our server, was kind, responsive, and knowledgeable.

All in all, a pleasant dining experience!

Double thumbs up!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

The location is in the Mt Adams area of Cincinnati. It is an unusual restaurant in that it is on three levels with some of it outside.It has a very large selection of sushi and many Thai items. It is very good and a fun experience.