“Dinner ”

Add it.
Bamboo House
Ranked #948 of 2,019 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Bamboo is the closest non-hibatchi Asian restaurant to our home off the Harrison/Rybolt exit. We discovered it quite by mistake, didnt know there was a restaurant there. I assume it has opened recently. That said, we were very impressed with our meal. The first thing that arrived, free of charge, were two cheese won tons. Very unexpected and much appreciated! I settled on three sushi selections and the garlic scallop entree, my wife settled on ebi sushi and the shrimp tempura app as an entree. The sushi was very decent and the nigiri sushi was a large portion compared to most places in town. The tempura was my wife's favorite in Cincy AND the owners tossed in an extra tempura shrimp (three pieces for the price of two). My garlic scallop dish was generous in size and i took half home. We decided to order a large chicken fried rice for takeout (dessert for late night movie watch night) and it was phenomenal. Very, very good. The staff was extremely friendly and we were given a few pieces of Chinese candy (i assume) that the owner (i presume) said she picked up in New York City. Again, free of charge. The biggest WOW came near the end of the meal when the owner went next door to a pizza place to takeout pizza for some kids eating in the table next to us. We guessed they weren't too fond of Asian cuisine (yet). I was blown away that the proprietor went and got the pizza and served it in her restaurant!!! Very, very, very cool. The prices are a little higher than most strip mall Asian restaurants. No worries, you're certainly getting your money's worth. And more. I hope this couple ( i presume) has the same success that the Wongs (Oriental Wok) earned in NKY. No beer or cocktails. A sign did state that liquor license was coming soon.
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Definitely typical Westside BS where they give you average food and expect you to pay Michelin star pricing. Ridiculous. Don't waste your time and keep looking. So disappointing...

Reviewed 28 February 2016

We ate a late lunch at around 3:30 complete w/ tea and several specialities. We started won tons and a homemade dipping sauce. The service was fast and the servings huge, even we opted for the lunch portion. Everything was tasty. The prices were reasonable too.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

its so busy there I was sure the food would be awesome but my wife and I were both a little disappointed. good atmosphere and service was fast!

Reviewed 18 January 2016

We have been going to Bamboo House since it opened and the food never disappoints. Good fresh sushi, good typical Chinese fare, and as another reviewer mentioned - a great Bento Box.

Come alone, or bring some friends and hang at the sushi bar. Owners John and Helen will make you welcome.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

For a unique experience I tried the bento box with chicken. It was very nice. The vegetables were fried just right. The flavor for the meat dish was right on tasty. I would order this again.
The place is pleasant to eat in, too.