“Tasty, Friendly Chinese Food on the West Side”
Review of Bamboo House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo House
Ranked #944 of 2,020 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Bamboo is the closest non-hibatchi Asian restaurant to our home off the Harrison/Rybolt exit. We discovered it quite by mistake, didnt know there was a restaurant there. I assume it has opened recently. That said, we were very impressed with our meal. The first thing that arrived, free of charge, were two cheese won tons. Very unexpected and much appreciated! I settled on three sushi selections and the garlic scallop entree, my wife settled on ebi sushi and the shrimp tempura app as an entree. The sushi was very decent and the nigiri sushi was a large portion compared to most places in town. The tempura was my wife's favorite in Cincy AND the owners tossed in an extra tempura shrimp (three pieces for the price of two). My garlic scallop dish was generous in size and i took half home. We decided to order a large chicken fried rice for takeout (dessert for late night movie watch night) and it was phenomenal. Very, very good. The staff was extremely friendly and we were given a few pieces of Chinese candy (i assume) that the owner (i presume) said she picked up in New York City. Again, free of charge. The biggest WOW came near the end of the meal when the owner went next door to a pizza place to takeout pizza for some kids eating in the table next to us. We guessed they weren't too fond of Asian cuisine (yet). I was blown away that the proprietor went and got the pizza and served it in her restaurant!!! Very, very, very cool. The prices are a little higher than most strip mall Asian restaurants. No worries, you're certainly getting your money's worth. And more. I hope this couple ( i presume) has the same success that the Wongs (Oriental Wok) earned in NKY. No beer or cocktails. A sign did state that liquor license was coming soon.
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We have been going to Bamboo House since it opened and the food never disappoints. Good fresh sushi, good typical Chinese fare, and as another reviewer mentioned - a great Bento Box.

Come alone, or bring some friends and hang at the sushi bar. Owners John and Helen will make you welcome.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

For a unique experience I tried the bento box with chicken. It was very nice. The vegetables were fried just right. The flavor for the meat dish was right on tasty. I would order this again.
The place is pleasant to eat in, too.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is one of our favorite quickie Asian food spots. The owners are very sweet, and have done a good job carving out a nice place to eat in the middle of a busy strip mall.

The sushi is always fresh and we have literally never had a bad meal there. They seem to use a lot of fresh ingredients in their entrees and the portions are share-ably huge.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The food here is excellent. All the rolls are prepared fresh and reasonably price. The place sites back off the road in a little mall so easy to be overlooked but well worth a visit next time you are in the area. Nice atmosphere and friendly service..