“Not What I Expected”

Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We just stayed at this Best Western Hotel. The reviews were unbelievable and based on them we booked the hotel.

Unfortunately, the reviews and our stay were at a major disconnect. The hotel was far from clean, air conditioning units very loud, bathrooms dirty and breakfast sort of a "who's on first base"

Perhaps we stayed there during a very crowded time and had an abnormal experience. In any event, we viewed this as a below average budget hotel and rated as the same.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jakester20
Yvonne P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear jakester20,

On behalf of everyone at Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites, please accept my apology that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations.

We strive to ensure all our guests experience the best visit possible and it sounds like we fell short this time. We value our guests and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service.

We hope you will give us another try if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

My wife, her sister and I arrived about an hour and a half before check-in time. Our reservations were found but there were no double queens available for our three night stay. We were offered an upgrade to a king with a fold out sofa. I asked if it was accessible but unfortunately, no. The staff was understanding and I felt they were truly concerned with my situation. After a minute or two, she said how about a king suit with a fold out sofa? I asked about the sofa and was advised they were recently replaced and it should be comfortable. After the three night stay my sister-in-law agreed. The room was ready to occupy and we moved in. It was huge, one of the largest in which I have stayed. Breakfast is included and was mostly continental except for custom made omelets, cooked in front of you. The staff was excellent. The hotel was excellent and thanks to them, we had an excellent get-away adventure.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank tiggerthehun
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Do not stay here. A week after I stayed at the hotel, I checked my credit card statement and there was an extra $200 charge. I called the hotel to inquire and they claim I was smoking in the room. I don't even smoke. Absolutely ridiculous. And the staff was of no help when I called.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank giannam751
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I typically like Best Western and this one of the nicer ones.

Just two notes:
Pool is seasonal and so even though we were staying Memorial Day weekend we did not get to swim in pool because it didn't open until Memorial Day Monday. This is pretty standard, but it would be nice if they could open it the Friday of Memorial Day weekend.

Also the parking lot is kind of long and skinny. It has plenty of room for cars/vans, but if you have a trailer or big moving truck it might be a little more tricky. That being said, we didn't, so perhaps if you ask the hotel they might have a solution for you.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Christina Marie G
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was.....comfortable bed, nice clean room, friendly staff, easy access to the x-way......will stay again next time we're in the area and would recommend to anyone staying in the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple