Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 190
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$ 191
Priceline
US$ 169
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Hotels.comUS$ 191
Residence InnUS$ 183
FindHotelUS$ 169
1,161 results
All reviews rooftop bar taft museum fire pit two bedroom suite great hotel full kitchen valet parking lytle park breakfast staff ohio river great stay living area rooms are spacious across the river walking distance great american ball park front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2021

I have stayed at this property off and on since it opened. The rooms and the location can't be beat although the Lytle across the park is equally as nice and with far, far better service. There seems to be some type of staffing issue at The Phelps. Additionally honesty and responsiveness are big problems. After a recent two night stay, I realized I had left my shaving kit in the room. I called and housekeeping had found it. I sent a shipping label and credit card authorization to the Front District. Two weeks and six calls later, I still know anything or have received anything, other then unfulfilled promises of "someone will get right back to you with shipping information." So if you're looking for honorable folks to deal look elsewhere....

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown / The Phelps, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your loyalty to our hotel. While we're pleased that you have always enjoyed our terrific location and comfortable accommodations, it's disappointing to see that our service fell short during your most recent stay. We understand how frustrating it can be to leave a personal item behind and sincerely apologize that our team was not more efficient in returning your lost property to you. We will be sure to discuss your experience with our staff as a teachable moment, as providing responsive, transparent service is always our priority. We hope you will offer us another chance to restore your trust, as we're confident your next stay will be seamless from start to finish.

Reviewed 29 September 2021 via mobile

Very comfortable 2 nights stay in downtown Cincinnati. We were in room 513 facing west. We overlooked a construction site; they were made a lot of noise & created dust from 7:30 am until 5. The staff were very friendly & helpful.

There was a small fitness room & coin laundry facilities. The hot breakfast was a treat, delicious real eggs, bacon, potatoes…. Pastries, fruits, hot & cold cereals and 2 people replenishing food & cleaning up.

There was a bar in the lobby but we enjoyed the rooftop bar at sunset. There was a Fire pit, reasonable foods & drinks.

Our room was an apartment with an updated bathroom, kitchen & living room. The furniture was pretty banged up & the floor lamp didn’t stay upright. We bought pasta that I prepared in our room. The kitchen burners, pots & pans were in sad shape, but it worked.

Room tip: Don’t stay on the west side above the construction.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown / The Phelps, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2021

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to provide us with a detailed review. It was wonderful welcoming you to Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/ The Phelps and I am eager to share your compliments with our impeccable staff! I love that our bountiful complimentary breakfast spread impressed you significantly and I will gladly thank the chef for the incredible variety! Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your in-room amenities as we always want to ensure a flawless experience for our valued guests. We definitely will give extra attention to this area. I hope you will join us again in the future so we can earn that fifth star. Until then, Andrea!

Reviewed 13 September 2021

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Phelps Roof Top bar with our family and friends. We could not have had a more perfect celebration. The view from the rooftop is absolutely beautiful! To add to the beauty we were served by an excellent staff that was kind, courteous and who went out of their way to make sure our evening with family and friends was perfect.
Every person who helped us out on Saturday evening (and even Sunday morning) was an absolute delight…From the food and beverage manager to the ladies behind the bar to the gentleman who helped with setting up and serving food. On top of that we were served by the most accommodating people at the front desk, in the kitchen, and the valets helping with our car! The evening was absolutely beautiful and the Phelps is truly a top notch place! Thank you to all the staff at Phelps for making our celebration so wonderful!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown / The Phelps, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2021

What a delight you chose to celebrate your special occasion with us at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/ The Phelps. We were thrilled to contribute to your memorable experience with our striking views and unparallel service. Top of the Park is always a guest favorite and we are happy you had time to check it out! We definitely will convey your gracious compliments to the entire team, and we all cannot wait to impress you further when you are back in the area! Until next time!

Reviewed 11 September 2021

I Highly Caution Against Having a Wedding Here! The Service we received was terrible; from catering to guest services, to upper management.
My wedding coordinator changed 3 times over a 2 year time period. The coordinator we ended up working with was rude prior to the wedding, and especially the day of my wedding. She waited until the late morning- the day of my ceremony to send my bill. I paid at around 12 pm. She later showed her face at 5:15pm- 15 minutes to the start of my ceremony to say my payment declined- which was not the case- more so to do with my daily limit- Nevertheless it was paid in a matter of minutes and while sorting through that she had threatened to stop our wedding- Rude in halls and in common places. We paid 25% service fee to have hosts and help. We did not. I along with my bridesmaids moved chairs around in the court yard. The guy Mike, who handled food was drenching in sweat the entire event- was told he has a health condition but no excuse when handling food. Our platters were found empty when we had food to be brought out, they were not on top of anything. We paid a cake cutting fee of $75 and only 12 pieces of cake were cut. We were sent home with 2 and 1/2 left of our 3 tier cake- mind you they neglected to bring out cupcakes we paid for and had delivered with the cake so it was all wasted. After speaking with corporate they reimbursed us a very small portion of what we spent to had ruined my day. Hardly anyone ate, most of my family left because no-one escorted them or told them where to go so they sat in the heat for hours. The instruction I had been told was that they would have signage displayed to say reception on the roof top but that was not there nor were the hosts we promised so may of my family left before the party could start. I paid for drink tickets for them to had been given to a one of my vendors-someone whom I just met for safe keeping; never to see them again. I was told by Marriott corporate - Phelps are a franchise and they typically do not overturn the district manager's decision. The district manager is a piece of work. I asked for a full refund because I paid for services not received, had wasted food, and did not enjoy the one day of my life that was suppose to be good memories. They compensated me for a very small portion of what I paid to have ruined my day. They were wrong and they took accountability but did they make it right- ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Think twice about planning a wedding here- ask for more reviews. I'm sure we are not the only ones who have had terrible wedding experiences. They have a new event coordinator every 6-8 months.

Room tip: Think Twice About Booking A Wedding Here
Date of stay: August 2021
Hotel Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown / The Phelps, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2021

We never want our guests to leave disappointed especially during such a special occasion. We have addressed your feedback with our staff to ensure we are always providing the best experience for our guests. Although a member of our management team has spoken with you, we again apologize for your experience. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

Top of the Park at the Phelps, was perfect for a private event. I held a surprise engagement party at the Top of the Park rooftop bar and it exceeded all expectations. On top of the great views and food, the staff were great to work. I worked closely with Laia, who was extremely helpful in reserving the space and recommending catering options within a set budget.

The day of event event staff were amazing as well. Rain came half way through the event and they quickly pivoted the event inside to keep the party going.

Extremely friendly and flexible staff throughout the entire process!

Date of stay: May 2021
Hotel Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown / The Phelps, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

We are over the moon to hear how impressed you were with our outstanding hospitality here at the Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown / The Phelps. The crew will relish your kind compliments and please know it was such a pleasure offering an ideal location for the surprise party! We loved sharing our stunning city views from Top of the Park and I definitely will thank the team for their hard work and dedication, especially Laia! Be sure to revisit the next time you are in the area!