“Agree will all the reviews - great with Family and dog!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago Suburbs
“Agree will all the reviews - great with Family and dog!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Overall, we stopped over here on the way from Chicago to the Smokies. From the moment we checked in, they staff at this place catered to our every need. They actually walk from around the desk to come talk to you when you check in! They gave plenty of great suggestions on where to have dinner outside the hotel area, shcih was great! The rooms are all suites. The breakfast rocked! The bar was cool. Only complaint was no pool, but we didn;t have time anyway!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gjnbln
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for the great review and I am extremely happy to hear that you and your family (including your dog!) enjoyed your stay. Our team takes a great deal of pride in the experience we create for each and every guest and I am happy to see we lived up to our expectations with your stay. I hope when your travels bring you back to Cincinnati you will once again give us the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience.

David Meisner
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Port Moody
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I spent 4 nights at this hotel, from April 1-5th, and was very impressed. The room they gave me was a corner 1 bedroom suite and it was spacious and bright (huge). The bed was super-comfy and the bathroom was also very large. From the moment I checked in to the moment I left the staff was super-helpful and really made me feel like I was a valued, long-time customer, even though this was my first stay. I cannot stress enough how great the service was - they really are a cut above most of the hotels I have stayed in (I used to be a former road warrior and have travelled extensively for work). They have a wonderful grocery shopping service - you get your order in before 9am and they do the shopping and put it away for you. The kitchen was perfect for my needs - granite countertops, huge fridge, two-burner stove, microwave, coffee maker, full set of dishes, etc.. everything one would need for a long or short stay. There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance or a short cab-ride away. The hotel even provides a list of restaurants that will deliver right to your room. The free wi-fi was fast and dependable. I was verypleased with my stay here and am looking forward to returning later this month.

Room Tip: My room was 914 and the only noise I heard was the fireworks going off at the stadium one night duri...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PortMoodyGal2009
Thank you for the amazing review! The team is extremely excited to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that you had an opportunity to enjoy the great amenities our hotel has to offer. Most importantly though, I truly appreciate the feedback you provided about the team and our service, we believe we have a great team and are glad to know our dedication to service is making a difference in our guest experience. I look forward to meeting you when you return next month and providing you with another great experience.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Absolutely loved everything about this hotel. The accomodations, food and staff cannot be beat! Every staff member from the valet to the person busing the tables is outstanding. This location is a great example of how customer service should be if you want your business to be the best. There is a reason that this hotel is Number One in Cincinatti. The hotel is remodeled and very chic without being ostentatious. Everything was clean, new and upscale. The hotel serves a hot breakfast in the morning and in the afternoon and evening you can order drinks and hot food in the bar. They have plenty of cosy and welcome seating indoors and out. The bar menu includes everything from sliders to salads and such. Even the desserts sounded very interesting but unfortunately we did not get a chance to try them, maybe next time.

Room Tip: Courtyard has a better view but those units not facing the courtyard may be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PickierthanU
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Our entire team is excited to hear about your great experience at the Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown. We take a great deal of pride in the experience we create for each and every guest and it is great to know we hit one out of the park for you. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Cincinnati that we can again have the opportunity to provide you and yours with an other exceptional experience.

Thank you again for the great comments; they will be shared with the entire team!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I travel for business at least 24 weeks out the year. By far the best Residence Inn I have ever stayed in. Location, staff, room, food, people were great! No complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view or patio view if you want to see the park
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bizztrav404
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel team provided you such a great hotel experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again when visiting the Cincinnati Area.

David
Genoa, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

What a nice play, I kept telling my wife I could live here. It had everything you could need. Larges suites, nice people, quick valet. Not much more I can say, we use to always stays at the Westin, know we will be staying here when in the area. A bit pricey!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple