“Breakfast ”

Maplewood Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #2 of 38 Quick Bites in Cincinnati
Reviewed 7 February 2019 via mobile

1 Chicken Tinga very good. Served on a warmer plate would have extended my pleasure. The Avacato toast with a side of bacon looked tasty for next time around. Wish I could just eat the whole menu in one sitting here. Every thing looks good.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 23 January 2019

Went with my wife, son-in.law, daughter, and infant granddaughter for the first time Saturday AM. They were moderately busy and had numerous tables open. Not having been there before and with an infant in tow I sat down at an empty table with my granddaughter not wanting to stand in a very cramped line with a stroller.

When my wife got to the counter to order she was nastily chastised for having me sit down beforehand (didn't know that was a no-no) and had her bill thrown at her. Had it been me I would have thrown it back and told the bearded white haired idiot where he could stuff it. As it was she did not tell me the story until later.

As we had not been there before and as there are no signs saying to order first, and as there were plenty of open tables, the right thing to have done was to kindly ask that next time please wait until you have ordered before sitting.

Oh, and the food was OK. Not great mind you and probably not worth the price but it wasn't bad. The rest of the staff was decent although I felt very rushed even, again, as there were numerous open tables.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Alexander B
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

Friends us here for breakfast. Amazed to find a breakfast place downtown, and open on the weekend. Had the spinach, tomato Benedict with a side of bacon and hash browns! So much food. Soo tasty. Watch out as I hear it gets really busy on game days. Good for business or casual!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place. I had the avocado toast and it was so delicious and fresh. Full of flavor and unctuous. My husband got the quinoa bowl and he was amazed at how tasty something "healthy" was. My son had the pancakes which were light, fluffy and delicious. The meal was reasonably priced and I loved the bright and festive ambiance. I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2018

The Maplewood Kitchen and Bar has an interesting menu. The menu is varied the service was excellent after the wait in a cafeteria type line to order. The hard surfaced walls made for difficult conversation and a noisy atmosphere. It seems it is supposed to be a healthy place to eat. I enjoyed the spinach Benedict or something. i WOULD NOT ORDER AGAIN OR go again on my own. We went because a member of our group is vegan. It also caters to gluten free eaters.

Date of visit: December 2018