“You MUST eat here!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I’ve felt compelled to write a review before even finishing my meal. Just devoured the beat buckwheat pancakes ever made, served as part of the Berkeley Breakfast. Whipped butter and warm syrup were perfect, as was the over easy egg. The fruit served with it is abundant and very fresh. Service is as good as the food. Wish I could take the place home with me.

maplecountercafe, Owner at The Maple Counter Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you for your review Katherine! Our buckwheat pancakes are some of the best I've had too :) We hope you have a reason to come back to Walla Walla and join us again soon!

Best,
Rachel Nagler

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice family run restaurant. We were looking for vegan options and they were very accommodating. The skillet dishes are huge and can feed several people. Service a little slow and waiter forgot non dairy creamer for coffee , but best option in Walla Walla for breakfast.

maplecountercafe, Owner at The Maple Counter Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your kind review. I am sorry to hear about us forgetting your non-dairy creamer. We now have Almond Milk, which is a great addition to your coffee of porridge. Next time we will make sure to bring it out promptly!
We look forward to seeing you during your next visit, thank you again.
-Rachel

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We went here with friends. The atmosphere was comfy, our wait staff were good. Our food was delivered promptly. Two of us ordered the special, a German Pancake-Dutch Baby Soufflés with yummy strawberry topping. We also ordered the Mexican Chorizo Omelette that came with pancakes. The portions were great. I would visit again.

maplecountercafe, Owner at The Maple Counter Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Maggie,
Thank you for your review! The Strawberry Rhubarb Dutch Baby is one of my favorites that we only have for a couple of months during the Spring months, so I'm glad you got to try it!
Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again next time!
Cheers,

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My husband loves this place. I have more limited options now that I have become vegan, but this is still a nice place for Brunch. In fact, on the weekend, I think that is all they serve. The service is pretty good but get there early or you will have a long wait. The food is fresh, sometimes farm to table. This is a family friendly restaurant.

Hi Linda,
Thank you for your review. We are always happy to help accommodate food allergies or preferences, so I'm glad you are able to still find a few things on our menu that work for you. My favorite vegan option is our Fresh Fruit Porridge served with Almond Milk in place of the cream.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Apple pancake was so good just too big for me. Hubby had a scramble with a side of pancakes. Pots of tea and quick and friendly service made it great.

Thank you for your review. It always means a lot to us to hear that you enjoyed your food and our service. We look forward to the opportunity to see you in here again!