“Superior Anniversary Dinner”

Schoolhouse at Cannondale
Reserve with OpenTable
Schoolhouse at Cannondale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Wilton
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Next to train station
Transit: We share a parking lot with the Cannondale Train Station that connects in Norwalk CT.
Reviewed 19 February 2017

My wife and I went to Schoolhouse at Cannondale for our 44th Anniversary Dinner. It was their fixed price meal which they serve once each week. I was told this was the best restaurant in Wilton and I have no argument with that. Interesting dishes. Excellent wine choices can be included at a higher fixed price. Loved the entire experience as did my wife.

1  Thank MarionPaw

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is a difficult review to write. Let me start by saying that my wife and I had a wonderful meal here this past weekend. Great food, table service and decor.

So why three stars? I made a reservation for Thursday evening via Open Table with a notation that it was a special birthday celebration dinner for my wife. Due to a snow storm, they decided to close the restaurant - no problem... safety first! But I did not receive a call or e-mail from the restaurant or Open Table. So when I got home from work and saw the roads were clear (and I had called the restaurant earlier and left a message saying we were planning to come and to call me in case they were not going to open), we made the 30 minute drive and arrived at 7:00 pm and were disappointed to find the restaurant closed. So we turned around and ended up having dinner at The Little Pub. Undeterred, I made reservations for the following night. I called the restaurant on Friday afternoon to make sure they were open. The person who I spoke to was apologetic for not contacting me to advise of their closing and thanked me for giving them the opportunity to serve us that night. We showed up and had a great meal. What was disappointing was that there was no acknowledgement of the inconvenience from the night before and no acknowledgement of my wife's birthday. I wasn't looking for a freebie - just some recognition that we traveled to their doorstep the night before with a reservation to find a closed restaurant. It's a small restaurant that seems to value each customer (they custom print your name on each menu!).

Would this have been a 4-5 star rating had they called me on Thursday to let me know they were closing? Or apologized for the inconvenience when we arrived at the restaurant on Friday? Or wished my wife a happy birthday? Yes - on all accounts.

1  Thank Cluesct
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Cozy. Warm. Inviting. Truly charming. Wonderful service. Portions of each course all right sized - not too big, not too small. Every morsel was worth each bite. Piping hot parsnip and apple soup, amazing appetizer of chicken confit, delicious duck and brilliant branzino - all perfection. Sublime wines. Decadent desserts of panna cotta with crunchy granola, salted caramel and caramelized banana and profiteroles with coffee ice cream and chocolate sauce. We couldn't go wrong. Neither will you.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Friends have recommended this place since I returned to CT. We live 30 minutes away so it's taken us a bit to get here... Last night we enjoyed a wonderful dinner, better than any we've had in our hometown of Greenwich. The two husbands had the duck and cleaned their plates, I had the branzino which was perfectly cooked with accompaniments of lentils and fennel and a sauce that brought it all together; my friend had the chicken which she loved! The service was lovely. Although a bit noisy we enjoyed the small atmosphere. Cheers to the chef for such a creative menu and well cooked food, we wish there were more of this kind of place in Fairfield county.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Phenomenal service along with exquisite food right here in Wilton. Creative menu and a excellent wine list make this our new favorite restaurant. Make sure you try the chicken dish just exquisite.