“Standard Holiday Inn Express good quality”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Holiday Inn Express includes breakfast so we prefer it to staying in the regular Holiday Inn. I had printed out a list of Holiday Inns from the Holiday Inn web site, along our route along with the rates as we weren't sure how far we'd get on our trip. When we decided to head on to Vicksburg, since we are members of IHG club, we called the1-800 number, but they wanted a much higher rate than what was on the print-out. I told them and they said they didn't have any control. I asked them to give me the Vicksburg Inn's phone number. I called them directly and they gave me the same song and dance, but finally said they would honor the rate shown on the print-out from that morning. When we got there, I showed the person at the desk the print-out and she said that rate was through Expedia. I told her that every hotel we've ever stayed in has asked us to call them directly instead of booking through a site like Expedia because they could match the rate AND save having to pay a commission to Expedia or one of the other sites. She said she would honor the rate, but it doesn't make sense why it was so difficult to get the hotel to match a rate that would have cost them more money by having to pay a commission on top of the lower rate.

The hotel and room was clean, the breakfast was good and we were back on our way the next morning.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the top floor to keep people from walking on our heads at night. Our room was q...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Kelley B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit! IHG guarantees the lowest available prices to their rewards club members, so if you log into the official site, ihg.com, with your IHG Rewards account you will see the lowest available prices, better even than third-party internet sites. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I decided to stop at this Holiday Inn Express, while traveling along I-20 to Dallas from Atlanta. I enjoyed my stay here. I booked a king bedroom with a whirlpool tub. The room was nice and clean. The bed was really comfortable. The whirlpool tub was very nice and relaxing. Breakfast was tasty with a great selection of breakfast choices. The location is great. It's right off I-20 and close to a few restaurant s including Cracker Barrel. It's also very close to Vicksburg National Battlefield. One note about the location is the hotel is advertised off exit 5. The hotel sits between exits 4 and 5. However, the hotel is more off exit 4. So I would exit off 4 instead of exit 5. Overall, my stay was excellent. I don't travel this way very often, but if I do travel through again, I would not mind stopping and staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Kelley B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us, Caleb! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. There is nothing quite like unwinding after a long day of travel in the relaxing whirlpool suites! We hope that you will pass our way again, and be sure to stop in and see us!

Kelley Branch

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The hotel was very quiet when we visited, which was perfect. We were able to check in early, we were able to get our requested first floor room and staff throughout our visit were super friendly. Our room was exactly what we expected, spacious and clean. The hotel was located at a good spot in Vicksburg. It was Easter, so a lot of businesses were closed, but the few that were open were near this hotel. We used the outdoor swimming pool and were very pleased with the size, temperature and cleanliness. Breakfast the next morning was also exactly what we expect from Holiday Inn Express. Love the reliability of this chain.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Kelley B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us over the Easter holiday! We pride ourselves in offering the best Southern hospitality you can find, along with a clean and comfortable facility for our guests to enjoy. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We arrived and were directed to a very nice room. Upon entering we were overcome with cigarette smoke. Our room was quickly and efficiently changed. The new room was very nice and the bed very comfortable. However, upon entering the elevator I was not so impressed. I don't generally care for elevators, but this one was bumpy, squeeky and comes to a very sudden stop. When I mentioned this to the front desk they said the elevator man had just come out and said it was working fine. Even she had to say it was scary. Get a new elevator man? The breakfast except for certain aspects was undesirable. The gravy tasted like plastic, the pancake maker appeared to not be working. (I didn't ask about it) The sausage tasted day old. The cinnamon rolls were excellent, as was the boiled eggs. The breakfast alone would not stop me from staying there again, but I will take the stairs! The front desk staff is friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Just check out your room for people who can't follow the rules, its a non-smoking hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience! I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Our goal is that each of our guests is not only satisfied but delighted. We appreciate your comments very much, as our guests' feedback is our best tool in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Dearly beloved and I were driving back from Little Rock to New Orleans area and took an impromptu side road trip instead of interstate this time. Glad we did too!

So one of the things was to NOT book a room ahead or plan where we were eating. Just drive till we wanted to stop and so that's how we ended up in Vicksburg.

The hotel is easy to get to and we arrived there about 6:30 on a Friday evening. No problem, they had a room and were nice and friendly. We were checked in on the 2nd floor in a couple of minutes.

The room is okay in virtually all aspects: good size, comfy bed, arm chair, plenty of walking-around room and a nice view too. Fridge, coffee maker, etc also are provided.

The bathroom is also rather roomy and has plenty of toiletries, lots of towels and wash cloths. Finishes are nice too: granite counters, tile floor and backsplash, and a rain shower head in the tub/shower.

So my rant here: buy better toilet paper! I mention this in nearly every chain hotel review that I do, because they almost all cheap out on this, and this chain is no exception, at least here. As DMX would say, GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

The other thing? The AC is the typical self-contained unit with a thermostat on the wall. Except it wouldn't turn off. Temps outside were in the 50s and we wanted to just get the thing to either produce heat or stop putting out cold air. Either way, you know?

In the end, I unplugged it. And you know, I just realized as I type this that I forgot to plug it back in. Sheesh, I'm getting old.

Anyway, nice place overall with a nice breakfast / lounge area off the lobby and a generous breakfast (included). Plus, when we went down there were more than half a dozen Vicksburg police officers in there having breakfast, and a bunch of cars parked outside. Personally, I like this and think it's smart of the hotel to encourage.

Even though this is in a nice area with a couple restaurants nearby. I'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Kelley B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

What an adventurous way to travel, just drive and explore where you end up, I love it! We are so glad that fate brought you to our door, and hope that we made an impression that will bring you back to see us again. Everything we do is geared toward making your experience a great one, and feedback like yours is the best way for us to gauge our success. So thank you for letting us know what you loved about the visit and the GRRRRR inducing aspects as well. With your help, we will continue to improve our hotel and services.

Best Regards,