We stayed at the Lotus recently and were very pleased with the service, and the size and design of the room.
LOCATION: The hotel is on the quiet “Gold Coast,” in front of Diamond Head, across from Kapiolani Park and next to the Outrigger Canoe Club. All rooms have lanais that face Diamond Head, which looms very large and close, so you’ll have a nice view. If you’re on a higher floor, you’ll even get some ocean.
STAFF: The staff could not have been nicer. They lay out coffee in the morning and wine in the evening on a table in the lobby. Anything we asked for, basically they accommodated.
THE ROOM: The room had a very modern, clean design. Whites and teal blues. Sliding shutter doors closed out the sun. Nice flat-screen TV and complimentary wireless.
THE PROPERTY: The only thing to note is that are no restaurants and there is no pool. But, you are right next to San Souci beach and the hotel will give you free beach chairs and towels. Much better than any pool.
I would highly recommend to those who have done the busy Waikiki thing and are interested in staying a bit off the beaten path – just far enough – and don’t have the need to sit around a pool and be waited on hand and foot. A walk to the Halekulani for drinks is around 20 minutes or so.
Tip: it’s $10 per day for valet parking, cheap enough, but there is ample meter parking across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii