“Great hotel - fantastic for those looking for relaxation and fun without kids!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #33 of 85 Hotels in Honolulu
Melbourne,Aus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Highly recommend the sheraton Waikiki to those who are still young enough to have fun but old enough to do it in style.
I recently stayed here for two weeks with my best friend, needless to say there were many days spent floating in the adults only infinity pool while watching passers by look enviously into our slice of adult heaven, and several nights when we didn't get past drinks and dinner at rumfire (as it was one of the places to be).
Great place, thoroughly enjoyed my time there, only possible draw back was the need to get poolside extreamly early in the morning (7:30am) if you wanted to secure a good pool Lounge with an umbrella.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have stayed at many hotels in Waikiki (over 15 visits) but will always come back to the Sheraton Waikiki as my favorite. Being on the beachfront is the best way to experience Waikiki and the location and views from this hotel are the best. This time we were lucky to be upgraded to an oceanfront suite with club floor lounge access. We traveled with two other couples who stayed in the hotel and found that the lounge was a perfect place to regroup after a relaxing day. Watching the sunset with a glass of wine and enjoying some fruit and appetizers was great. Breakfast at the lounge included fruit, scrambled eggs, yoghurts, breads, muffins, juices, and a specialty coffee machine for latte or whatever you want. Upgrade to lounge access if you can afford to.

Like others mention, the hotel IS big, so don't expect a boutique hotel experience, but DO expect polite, efficient and service oriented staff. The staff who serviced the room were great and happy, they always greeted us when they saw us. The concierge was very helpful to get us reservations at places like Dukes (I tried to go directly to reserve a table and was told nothing until 9:30p so we tried the concierge and they got us a booking at 7:00p - no problem!). The pool staff took care of getting us a nice spot around the pool to relax, and one day they got us two chairs and an umbrella on the beach for a small charge to the room.

Another nice feature of the Sheraton Waikiki, Westin Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, and Sheraton Princess is that you can dine at any restaurant and bill to your room. We had drinks at the Moana several times and dinner at the Royal Hawaiian once and billed directly. You will get your starpoints that way as well.

I've stayed at the Outrigger Reef (nice but rooms a bit older and smaller), Hilton (farther walk from strip), Hyatt (had to walk across road to beach and beachfront is best for the sunset), Sheraton Princess (older and not the same standard as the Sheraton Waikiki), and several other local hotels and I would recommend the Sheraton Waikiki as the best choice.

Next time... no question we will book the SW.

Room Tip: Go for it and book a Diamond Head or Ocean front room - worth it just for the view and sunset
1 Thank Ken P
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

A friend of mine lives a couple blocks from the strip and told us we had to stay here. So glad we listened.

Sheraton Waikiki is gorgeous and ENORMOUS, perfectly located hotel at the edge of Waikiki beach. Service was excellent from the moment we pulled up. The valet let us know about self parking and helped us with our bags and the check-in person was awesome. She upgraded us and handed us a voucher for a free bottle of champagne because it was our honeymoon.

We had the most picture perfect hotel suite overlooking the beach with 2 porches and this was apparently a "partial ocean view". It's right next to the Royal and the first night we were there we were exhausted and trying to sleep at like 9pm but the Luau next door was pretty loud, even from the 26th floor. Other than that though, it was clean and comfortable and did I mention it had the most amazing view?

Amenities were great. The infinity pool is the nicest one I've seen, although a little crowded at times. Towards the end of the day it clears out a bit. Food options are OK but you are literally on the strip so we went out every night instead. The lounge on the top floor was a great place to watch the sunset and get a panoramic view of Honolulu & Waikiki that you see in magazines.

Because it's so big, it was a little overwhelming and the elevator took a bit longer but for that to be the only negative I can find, I would happily stay here again if and when I return.

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at the Sheridan Waikiki in late August and then again in early September, 2012. When we were there in August, we contemplated moving to another hotel for September but decided to spend our time enjoying our first time in Hawaii instead of looking for other accommodations.

August was disappointing, September was disgusting. On the last day of our stay in September, I was lying in bed reading and a cockroach ran across my pillow and down into the bedding. When we spoke with the manager about it, she apologized and then asked if we notified house keeping. I told her I was notifying her. She explained that we were on an island and although they are very aggressive about spraying, these things happen. I told her I lived on an island in Florida and did not have roaches in my beds. She apologized again and asked me what else I expected her to do. I told her I did not expect to have to pay to sleep with roaches and she should comp our September stay. She said that was not hotel policy. Only after I threatened to make a scene and let everyone know what was going on did she reconsider. She excused herself, came back in about 7 minutes and said she would comp me for only one of the two nights. I told her I had no choice but to accept, but that I would be notifying Staywood Hotel Rewards program.

While we were there, we also experienced, but overlooked at least three smug, condescending comments from the front desk staff about our rewards club status. For example, I asked for a later check out. The front desk person checked their records, said, "Oh you're business. I can't do anything for you now, you have to come back after 9 pm the night before you leave (which was the next day) and ask again."

I did complain to Starwood. They felt the treatment was terrible and they are looking into it. I have already received a letter of apology from the hotel. Too little, too late.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ROSALYN H
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Want to experience Wiakiki? This location is it! The sunrise and sunsets from their ocean view rooms are breathe taking! The experience was perfect their staff extremely friendly in particular James at the infinity pool! Rum fire was the place to be in the evenings enjoying your favorite cocktail. I highly recommend upgrading to the Club Lounge the selections are great breakfast and dinner! They offer local fish , stir fry etc... You can make it dinner as you enjoy the sunset...which is AMAZING!

Room Tip: They offer an airport shuttle for only $12
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends