This was by far the worst Sheraton I have ever stayed at. Don't get me wrong this is not a horrible hotel, I have stayed at far worse, but as far as the quality you expect from a Sheraton, this is clearly lacking.
Staff members are not helpful and can be overbearing and rude at times. One example I will share: my wife called the front desk to see if they would have the number for a restaurant nearby and instead of giving the number, they just connected her to the restaurant. When we checked out there was a $1.50 charge on the bill for the phone call and obviously my wife objected to the charge - the front desk attendant became rude about it and initially refused to take it off the bill. When my wife kept asking for it off, she become rude and obviously upset. That was unnecessary, front desk lady. We weren't taking the money out of your paycheck, so why get rude? We had a lot of experiences like that over our 6 day stay.
A colleague of ours had stayed here about 7 years ago and informed us that it is a lot better now than it used to be, but apparently that is not saying much. Our room had marks and stains all over the walls and carpet. The shower had mold and mildew on the showerhead and tile grout. The floor was not even level in the room and the door had a near 1" gap on the bottom, making it so that you could hear everything going on in the hallway. Workers replacing carpet in the laundry room nearby were shouting and laughing in the hallways at 7am while doing their work. I understand their right to do their work that early, but quiet time should have been respected for the sake of vacationers. Restaurants are overpriced and average, the beach is poor in front of the hotel and the pool area is way to small for the amount of guests that this hotel holds.
Rooms either have an ocean view or what they call "mountain view." Mountain view is a big, dirty lie. They could MAYBE call it "city view" at best, but "parking garage view" would be more like it. You can barely see any mountains behind the parking garages and other buildings.
The location is nice - a decent food court is in the shopping mall across the street and several good restaurants are in walking distance. That all being said, there are plenty of nicer hotels nearby at which you will have a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Waikiki on Oahu's oceanfront in Hawaii has Khakara Spa, delicious restaurants, and the largest ballroom in Waikiki. We're the perfect destination for an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Sheraton Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Waikiki
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii