“Perferct Place for a New Beginning”

Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My entire family and I stayed at Moana for my wedding ceremony and honeymoon. The staff at the catering and the hotel management made me feel at home with their willingness to accomodate my requests to the detail. Who said anything about Hawaii time? This is a place where even a New Yorker like myself find their immediate attention quite pleasing. What a great beginning to a new journey! Mahalo to all my Moana Surfrider friends, including Joanne (catering), Jimmie (my priest), Darcy (guest relations) and Miho (F&B Sales). Thank you guys, and I hope to you see you again on one of my anniversaries!

Room Tip: If you are styaing on the Diamond Wing, the lower the number, the quieter the room is at night!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SMiles4U17

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Was lucky enough to spend a few days at the Moana in April and loved every minute of it. This hotel is wedding central and you can see why as soon as you see the lobby, it's just gorgeous! The historic section of Honolulu's oldest hotel is blended in well with the newer wings and a fantastic property that I'd live at if I could.

Spend a few nights in the original wing in one of the gable rooms which was huge and comfortable but had tiny windows, so after a couple nights we asked if there would be any availability to move to the new tower and they did so immediately, very prompt friend Front Desk.

We always managed to find a spot at the pool and the F&B service there is really nice. I cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Noxy05
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I am just now deciding to write a review for this hotel! We stayed at the Moana Surfrider in June 2010 for our honeymoon....ignore the date listed! We were there for about a week. It was such a neat hotel! Like another review stated it's a little bit of the old and new! The staff was great while we were there. They helped us with whatever we needed. The pool was pretty good. We only used it once. The beach was very nice but kinda small and you definitely have to get down there early to reserve a chair and spot on the beach. We did eat at the restaurant once and loved it!! My favorite part had to be the rocking chairs on the front porch and I loved all the windows/doors that were open all day in the lobby. The ocean breeze would blow through the lobby and it was just amazing! Oh, and our room was small but very cozy, nice and comfortable! We stayed in the main building of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

stayed here the beginning of janary 2011 for 5 nights on honeymoon. very busy hotel alot of weddings happen here. was not impressed with the size of the pool for the size of the hotel.. rooms were lovely. hotel situated on wakikki strip so access to beach and lots of shops. spa was lovely and the gym. had a nice back massage. loved the rocking chairs out the front of the hotel loking out onto the street.. bit noisy at night from the street

Room Tip: get a room over looking the sea not the street
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Gloria at the pool has what must be the toughest job. People show up at 7 a.m. when the pool opens and leave stuff on the lounge. Then they go to breakfast. Rule is-- not back in an hour, you lose the lounge. Gloria has to keep track of all this, find seats for people who are actually present and do it all with grace and a smile-- which she does.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple