This hotel is hard to compare to others on Waikiki. On the plus side, it's historic, the common areas are beautiful, it has a great breakfast buffet, service is excellent, and the tower rooms have pretty good ocean views. On the minus side, the rooms are small and not as luxurious as you'd expect at this price point, and the beach in front of the hotel is crowded.
Our most favorite part of the hotel was breakfast on the veranda each morning. Our least favorite part was the live music which started about 12:30 pm and went continued almost non-stop until about 11:00 pm each evening, and which we could hear loudly in our room even with our lanai door closed on the 6th floor of the tower.
Overall, we felt it was a good place to stay once for the history of the hotel, but we probably won't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Honolulu, Hawaii