1,119 results
All reviewsacross the streetfire grillgreat locationinternational marketplacewaikiki beachfood pantryconvenience storevalet parkingcoffee machinepool barbreakfast buffetsliding doortwo blockscentral locationthird floorshopping and restaurantsbus stop
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Pros: The hotel was centrally located in Waikiki, across from the International Market Place and walking distance to the beaches. There were plenty of restaurants and shopping options in the area.

The hotel room was nice. It was clean and updated. I liked the stand up shower in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable.

The Holoholo Café & Market was nice. They had decent breakfast offerings, and had any supplies you might need while you are there.

Cons:

The elevators were ridiculously slow. Even though there were four of them, it seemed as if only one of them would be operating at any given time. Plan ahead if you plan on using any of them.

Ice machines were not on every floor. The closest one to ours was the floor below ours.

The internet service was slow.

The breakfast buffet at the TR Fire Grill was absolutely appalling. The food was overcooked, and in some cases dry and burnt. We chose to eat breakfast elsewhere as a result.

Finally, my wife had arranged for a shuttle with one of the hotel employees. He assured her that he had put her name down on the list. When it came time to leave, her name was not on the list and the shuttle left her behind. She was very upset because she could not be late for the airport. A different employee arranged for a taxi to the airport at the same rate. When I questioned the hotel manager about this, she stated that the employee told her that my wife had not requested to reserve a spot on the shuttle. I assured her that my wife did. I had a string of text messages confirming everything my wife said. The hotel manager chose to believe her employee and not me or my wife.

I am a Diamond member with the Hilton hotel chains and I have never been more upset in my life. We visit the islands from time to time because our son is stationed at Schofield. I can assure you that I will never stay at this hotel ever again after the treatment we received.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank weary_traveller25
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I generally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn sites when I travel, and was pleasantly surprised to discover this one was up to par in spite of being in the midst of the Waikiki jungle. There is a store adjacent to the lobby that sells a variety of items you may need for your stay, including food. There is also a small grocery store with take-out food across the street. Although not that close to Waikiki Beach, it is not to far to walk there. The lobby is nice and modest and the male staff were friendly upon check-in. The hotel room was small but clean with usual amenities. The halls to the hotel rooms are outdoors and overlook the street, but inside the room, I did not hear street noise.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Had a great holiday, lovely place to stay, very handy to everything, good size room and comfy beds, clean, nice very reasonably priced buffet breakfast, helpful, friendly staff, would stay again, only regret holiday wasn’t long enough.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Very central hotel to Waikiki beach and main drag. Opposite International Marketplace which is great. Hotel recently renovated so nicely done. No issues with lifts as some people have mentioned. Excellent happy hour at the Fire Grill e.g much more than 1 hour. Buffet breakfast was ok - cooked to order eggs were good but the pastries were stale and I even got a slice of mouldy bread. Staff were very nice particularly the hotel porters who were wonderful and informative (Thanks Timmy). Pool reasonable size if the beach is too busy for you. We had a bug problem in our room which other guests did not seem to have. Cockroaches and some bugs that come in on beach towels according to the maintenance people. We complained 4 times about the bugs and they did spray but to no effect. Think our room needs fumigating. Hilton did handle the issue well after I complained though. I am awarding 4 stars for the location and the porters! I would stay there again and hopefully next time no crawlies!

Room Tip: Don't bother with a sea view as there is a building in front which blocks most of it unless you are on the very top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaMarieW71
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Outstanding as always! The staff always recognizes me and treats me like a king! The hotel is extremely convenient for dining and shopping. The restaurant serves great food for dinner. And I've used the free breakfast the last few times I've stayed and it was always really well done!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business