We stayed at the Aqua Bamboo in mid August 2012 for two nights. I concur with the other reviews that give high praise to the location, pool area (a little oasis) and the staff. There were 5 of us from 21 to 81 years old. We had two rooms. The staff were hugely accommodating, friendly and knowledgable. We had a missing walker for my mom after our flight, subsequently required a wheelchair and then needed the right transportation to get all of us to the cruise port. Front desk staff helped with all of this. They knew a taxi driver who had a large enough vehicle to take all of us with luggage, a wheelchair and a walker and they ordered it.
Both of our rooms were updated with only the windows and a/c being a little tired. Our room was a perfect set-up for a family travelling with any age children. There was a bedroom with queen bed and then two single beds in the open area. Even with four adults plus luggage, I didn't feel cramped. A pool side room would have been great both for view and less street noise though no one in our group was bothered by the street sounds. There is a view of the ocean from the upper pool side rooms and it would have been lovely to sit on the balcony and enjoy this view.
Thank you to the staff at the Aqua Bamboo for a lovely stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and stove-top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii