We traded into the Imperial through RCI. Overall, we were very pleased. As others have said, the location canʻt be beat. Itʻs right in the heart of Waikiki with an ABC store in the building and beaches are just across the street.
We were in unit 1104, which is a handicap unit, so the layout was a little different. As everyone says, the decor is dated and tired. But the unit was clean enough and everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. There are only 3 elevators & it can be a bit of a wait sometime. Laundry facilities on the second floor were serviceable and reasonably priced. There is a footwash available in the back of the building, which is great after being on the beach. We were on the Diamond Head side & I didnʻt have any issues with the noise, although there was a jack hammer one morning.
Because we traded in through RCI, we were able to use the owners lounge on the 26th floor, which is a very nice perk. The lounge is at the front of the building and has a kitchen, large screen TV and pool table. Views are terrific. We were able to use the lounge after we checked out on our last day, which was great since we had a late flight.
Because of the late flight, I requested a late check-out & was given the room until 6:00 for $66, which seemed fair. It was nice to be able to use the room after exploring Honolulu for the day. After we checked out, they were able to store our luggage until we left for the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! Mahalo for considering The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki. We are conveniently located in the epicenter of Waikiki and are steps away from the famous Waikiki Beach. We are surrounded by shops and restaurants for you to browse and enjoy. We know you will enjoy your visit, and are looking forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- The Imperial Hawaii Hotel
- Hawaii Imperial
- Imperial Hawaii Honolulu
- Imperial Waikiki
- Imperial Hotel Waikiki
- Imperial Of Waikiki
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Honolulu