Our family spent 10 days in the Waikiki Sunset. We found the one bedroom very spacious, noticeably larger than the rooms in the Banyan and with a real door to the bedroom that actually shuts and locks (unlike the Banyan). We were fortunate to be on the ocean facing side on the 37th floor. The views were spectacular.
The Sunset is across the street from the Banyan, very near the new Hyatt Place, a short walk from the zoo. We really prefer the quieter Diamond Head side of Waikiki and for us, this location is ideal.
Just two negative points worth mentioning. First, the exterior is being renovated. We weren't able to use the Lanai. Second, the beach near the Sunset is being renovated for the next month or so. But neither of these were much of a problem for us.
The internet, like at many hotels, was both expensive (part of the $10 a day resort fee) and very slow.
But the staff were all great, the facilities good, and the room one of the best we've stayed in in Waikiki. Doesn't quite measure up to the Waikiki Beach Tower, but for half the price is still a great place that we are almost certain to come back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spectacular views of Diamond Head, the blue Pacific, or the Honolulu city lights. Well-suited to families and centrally located in a quiet residential neighborhood just over one block from famous Waikiki beach, this resort offers relaxed island-style living in spacious one and two-bedroom suites with complete kitchens and private lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Aston Waikiki Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hotel Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Sunset
- Waikiki Sunset Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Honolulu, Hawaii