“Great stay at the Circle.”

Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel in late August. I booked it after doing some research and discovering the incredible room views/hotel location at very reasonable prices. We booked and I'm so happy we did.
The Waikiki Circle Hotel is very cute and beachy in a fantastic location. It's right across from Waikiki beach and close to many stores and restaurants. The lobby is an open air concept which we both found fun and inviting. All our interactions with the front desk were positive. They were all very helpful and friendly. We booked an ocean front room. Thanks to the tips of fellow reviewers on here, I requested a higher floor and a queen sized bed (instead of the doubles). I honestly didn't think we would get it but we did. We were put on the 12th floor and were given the queen bed. The room was exceptionally clean and modern. It's not too big but how much space do you really need?
The view was simply incredible. We had the most beautiful ocean view. Every night, we witnessed the most spectacular sunsets right on our balcony.

We were both very satisfied with our stay here. The only thing we don't really get is the $10 a day resort fee. I know almost all the hotels charge it. There wasn't really anything extra we were given besides free movie rentals, but the popular ones are always out anyway. I'm not putting this on the Circle Hotel. I just don't get this fee in general.

Otherwise, great stay! We'll be back.

Room Tip: Book an ocean front room. Ask for a higher floor and request a queen size bed if you're a couple...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Krista D

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just got back from a two week stay at the circle. The hotel has been renovated since we were last there, they have done a great job!
You can't beat the price for the ocean front rooms. We had a very happy time at this hotel.
thanks to guy and naomi on the front desk.
wonderful location, clean, with great beds.

Room Tip: top floors and ocean front
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lovhawaii
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We had a stop over here on way back to Australia from North America, and found it to be a good choice. Good price, excellent location and friendly helpful service.

Rooms were clean and nice, though a little small, but when you stay in Hawaii you really want to be outside rather than in anyway!

Staff were very nice and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We chose this property to wind down after a hectic month of travelling, and for this purpose it was fantastic. The location was the top feature, as the service was pretty much "do it yourself", but adequate. The rooms were clean, and we spent a few hours on the balcony just watching the world go by opposite the beach. Easy walking distance from good eating places and the international market, and the public transport left just across the road. The rate was very good, and we enjoyed our stay there to the point we would return again at our first opportunity.

Room Tip: Pre-book what you want to avoid disappointment - worth paying extra for the ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taumanu
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I'm rather late in writing this review. My granddaughter (18) and I stayed at the Waikiki Circle in June to celebrate her graduation. I chose it because of the reviews in Trip Advisor and also because we were on a fairly tight budget. I will echo all the wonderful things said by other reviewers. The location could not be beat, especially at the price we paid. Yes, it is a little noisy, but what do you expect in the middle of Waikiki? I have been there a few times before, and prefer the slower pace of Maui. But this was a first for my granddaughter, and she loved being in the middle of everything. While the rooms are not spacious, they are very adequate, especially when you don't spend much time there. The staff were friendly and even supplied us with a city bus schedule so we could travel on our own to Pearl Harbor (very easy & cheap!). We also appreciated the availability of beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. Just grab what you need, walk across the street, and there you are at the beach. I have to say that I was not too impressed with the restaurant in the building, Eggs n Things. It took a long time to get a seat and the food wasn't much to write home about. I would rather walk a block to Cheeseburger in Paradise, a much better breakfast. All in all, we had a wonderful time and I would certainly stay at the Waikiki Circle again when in Honolulu.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family