1,310 results
All reviews front desk international marketplace food pantry standard room across the street large room bus stop two blocks beach towels coffee maker higher floor waikiki balcony hawaii microwave starbucks aloha
Reviewed 12 February 2018

+Very well located,international market just across the street,helpful and friendly staff
Bathroom clean and big
Clean room
-Parking quite small and expensive but we are in Waikiki!!!
Noisy air conditioner
Will come back again

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ekharrazi, Guest Relations Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Aloha 436mariehelenet,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our well-located venue. We look forward to seeing you back again soon

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Upon check in of the room I realized this hotel was not for me. This was my first time in Hawaii purpose of trip was 12th wedding anniversary. My wife entered the room and immediately got quiet, knowing my wife I knew she did not like the room. we had recently grabbed food before going to the room she took all the food upstairs while I found parking(no parking available near hotel). She would not eat any of her food. Wife slept in all her clothes on top of the sheets. Rooms are outdated and not the cleanest. The next morning after speaking with guy at front desk he told me I would not be charged any additional money if I checked out early. During my early morning run I located another hotel that had vacancies( thank god me and my wife are active duty military). Immediately after checking out and checking into to new hotel my wife was so happy and herself again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Aloha chevyimpala73,

We're sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. However, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Guest comments are very important to us as we use them to better the overall experience at our hotel. If you'd like to discuss this experience further, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

The hotel is clean and well kept for the price range. I travel often to Honolulu on business and stay at basic hotels. I was disappointed when the shower never got hot, only warm - barely warm enough to shower. Internet, while showing a strong signal, had software problems and I was never able to connect. Some of the bedrooms face the exterior hall/walkway so anytime people are walking by or talking in the hallway, the noise comes right into the room. (I rated Location as Very Good, but that is because I was there for business. I would rate it lower for vacation travel.)

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Aloha Mongoose84,

We're sorry that you didn't have an enjoyable stay with us. However, we appreciate the feedback. Thank you for bringing our attention to the issues you experienced with the shower, internet and noise. We welcome guest comments as we use them to improve the overall experience at our hotel. If you'd like to discuss further, please feel free to contact us directly.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Sorry to say that this is not a 3-star hotel - it is an older hotel that really needs to be maintained better.

- The location is great
- Staff is awesome
- The pub in the hotel seems to be a popular place
- The beds are old - but they are comfortable and do the job

BUT...

- The carpets are nasty
- Finishes are old and dirty (i.e. bathtub, furniture, tiles)
- Air conditioners (the window units) are old and beaten
- If you have a sofa or chairs - they will be nasty
- If you have a unit with a Garburator get ready for a smell like you have never experienced before if you run the kitchen tap

** ROACHES and bugs** This was just too much for me to handle. Don't get me wrong, I didn't see a mass infestation but after killing a few I was far beyond my limits.

The staff was great, they moved me and the rest of my stay was bug free.

My advice?

I would say - book this hotel if you get a great deal, but don't expect anything more than what you paid for after getting a great deal.

Hotels are expensive in the area... so again the intent of my review is just to set expectations rather than to tell people not to book at the Pearl.

Room tip: Whatever you do don't end up on the lower floors... expect the bugs to be there.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Vinnay R
ekharrazi, Guest Relations Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Aloha Vinnay R,

Thank you very much for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave us this thoughtful review. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and have taken note of the concerns mentioned regarding cleanliness. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel staff during your stay! We hope you had a wonderful time in Waikiki, and would be delighted if you consider staying with us again in the future.

Mahalo!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Front desk was very professional and helpful. Housekeeping don’t vacuum or change bed linens. We were there for a week (rented 2 2-bedroom suite and 1 single room) and never had our sheets changed. Bring houseshoes to wear in your room because carpet is dirty.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank juliatO295FK
ekharrazi, Guest Relations Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Aloha juliatO295FK,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us a review! We have taken note of your concerns about housekeeping, and will be sure to look into this further to better our experience for our guests. We hope you enjoyed your time in Waikiki, and we hope to see you again on future visits.

Mahalo!