Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$ 194
US$ 227
  • Breakfast included
US$ 278
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$ 500
US$ 374
US$ 367
US$ 286
1,713 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastsuperior roomfood pantrythe ala wai canaltwo blocksstreet noisebeach towelscoffee makerrooms are smallfree internetabc storeshort walk to the beachlobby arearental carbus stopcorner roomshops and restaurants
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Due to a medical emergency we needed to stay one extra night in Waikiki, and decided on the Aqua Aloha Surf. Only 4 blocks from Waikiki beach, it looks like an older hotel but has been completely refurbished with funky new decor. When we arrived there was a guy playing tunes on a ukelele in the foyer, and the manager was handing out free margharitas (I believe it only happens on Tuesdays). Instantly we felt this was a fun, relaxed place. Service at reception was friendly and efficient. The room (for myself and my son) was smallish, but adequate for our one night stay. The shower and toilet were separate which was useful. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to use the pool or sample the breakfast.

For $128 (on Wotif.com) this was great value for money. If I was coming back to Hawaii I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank D0cBr0wn
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Aloha "DocBrown",
Mahalo for staying with us. I'm sorry it was for a medical emergency. I hope all went well. I'm glad you arrived during our weekly manager's reception. Every Tuesday from 5pm to 6pm we serve "Wipe Out" cocktails free to our hotel guests (over 21 years of age of course). We also have Danny Kiaha playing his ukulele and entertaining all of us with hawaiian songs. We have Tomo doing Charactures of our guests in the lobby and we even have a Magician, Mr. Mark Nelson who WOW's the crowd with his illusions.
Come back and stay with us again. Under happier circumstances.
Aloha

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We have recently returned from another stay at this lovely Hotel. Tim, Julian & all the staff are so wonderful to deal with & absolutely nothing is a bother - they treat you like "Ohana" (family). The room was always clean, the breakfast is good with lovely fresh food & the informal weekly get together is always enjoyable, We have always found this hotel to be comfortable & centrally located with a nice view - the city lights are amazing. The room has good facilities including a very comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, crockery/cutlery, tv, iron, hairdryer & a/c- which you don't really need as there is a nice breeze that comes through the room. Just arriving into the foyer makes you feel like you are on holidays - very welcoming & relaxing. We will certainly be returning on a regular basis & look forward to seeing the friendly staff again. Mahalo to all at Aqua Aloha Surf
Kim & Leon, Australia

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeonKim_2012

Aloha Kim and Leon,
Mahalo Nui Loa for being loyal return guests of ours. I am so happy that we are your home away from home when you come to Waikiki. It is our goal to try and connect with our guests and help them to relax and feel at home. I am so glad we are reaching that goal with you.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Take Care

Reviewed 13 June 2012

If you are looking for a budget and clean accommodation with comfortable bed, free continental breakfast and value for money that provides extraordinary service – I would highly recommend this hotel!

Our stay at this hotel for 10 days has made the celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary extra special. The chilled bottles of wine and a box of chocolates that they delivered to our room was a nice surprise when they found out it was our anniversary. I must thank my daughter for recommending this hotel to us, as it meets our accommodation needs at a budget price – a clean room with a comfortable bed, 24 hrs internet access, tv, iron and hair dryer. The room is of good size and there is no need to turn the A/C on if you prefer the fresh air. In the kitchen area there are bar fridge, microwave, coffee maker, plates and cutleries. The front desk staff, the housekeeper and the people who serve breakfast are so helpful and friendly. The relaxed ambience of the reception area makes it so welcoming for guests when they arrive to the hotel. It’s a nice place to hang out too. The hotel is two blocks away from the beach and a walking distance to the shops, restaurants and Kalakaua Street. This is a good location if you prefer a quieter area, away from the crowd, away from the traffic and noise.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again when in Waikiki and would gladly recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Room 1409 is a corner suite with good view of the mountain, golf course and canal.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy_Aussies_5June
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Aloha "Happy_Aussies_5J",
Happy 30th Anniversary!
Mahalo for spending it with us here at the Aloha Surf. I am glad we were able to contribute to a successful celebration and vacation for you.
We hope to help you celebrate many more anniversaries in the future. Come stay with us again soon.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 12 June 2012

The location is centerally located about 5 minute walk to the famed WAIKIKI Beach. The first room we got was a single queen with absolutely no space the shower was worse than a camp shower in size there was no place to put tolietries either. Thankfully we were able to be upgraded to a larger room with a king bed, balcony, and sitting area. and a very spacious bathroom in comparison to the first. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The complementary breakfast was better than I had thought it would be. There is an onsite bar however it was never open during the time we stayed there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nvsmurfette
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Aloha "nvsmurfette",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aloha Surf. I am so glad we were able to help make your Waikiki Vacation a good one. Mahalo for sharing your experience here on tripadvisor.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I found the Aqua Aloh Surf Waikiki Hotel very adequate for what I needed. Highlights for me were: inexpensive, clean, comfortable, walking distance to beach, microwave, fridge, and 4 cup coffee maker. The hotel provides a place to fill up water bottles for those of us who carry our own. My room had just enough attention from the maids, and I received extra attention at the front desk when faced with a late shuttle pick-up. I also had a surprise room upgrade which had a balcony where I was able to sit in the morning sun! The city lights and sunrises were awesome!
I was nervous about picking a place to stay at Waikiki but I made a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Katie C
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Aloha "Katie C",
I appreciate you selecting the Aloha Surf for your recent get away in Waikiki. I am glad we were able to contribute to a successful trip for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.