3 people have started booking this hotel
$238
Free cancellation until 04/02/23
$247
Free cancellation until 04/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Algotels
$233
travelup.com$237
Priceline$421
Agoda.com$503
5,026 results
All reviews kona tower convention center signature restaurant convenient location self parking coffee maker across the street waikiki beach ocean view starbucks lobby kamaaina microwave conference convenience valet proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2022

As a Kamaaina (Local), this was the first time we have ever stayed at this hotel. I booked this hotel on 9/2/2022, three months in advance. That same day I booked, I immediately called the hotel to request a room with the King Size bed. I know that it was upon availability; but, I figure 3 months in advance would give the hotel a significant amount of time to have it available. When I checked in, it was not available. Was this too much to ask...STRIKE 1.
Another reason I booked this hotel was because it was mentioned as Kamaaina rates included free parking. I was told that parking was not free...STRIKE 2.
Lastly, I asked if I could get a late check out, only an extra hour. Sorry, they couldn't allow an extra hour to check out. Really, was this too much to ask...STRIKE 3.
They MARKET on TV that the Ala Moana by Mantra is "MY HOTEL" for Kamaaina's. However, the Ala Moana by Mantra is NOT OUR hotel.
It seems like this hotel only accommodates the Airline Flight Crews!!! It's guaranteed money!!!

Date of stay: December 2022
1  Thank 928gene
Matthew McGuigan, Other at Ala Moana Honolulu by Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2022

Aloha 928gene,
Many thanks for this review of your experience at the Ala Moana Hotel by Mantra. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to find the flexibility in the day to allow for a later checkout. I can understand your sentiment on your overall experience with what occurred over the course of your pre arrival and arrival experience. Our complimentary parking for Kama'aina guest is not a current promotion but certainly securing a king size bed should have been assured given your contact to the hotel. Again, I sincerely apologize that you were unable to meet your expectations over the course of your stay. Thank for your time and feedback.
Mahalo,

Reviewed 20 November 2022 via mobile

Poor quality of room for the price I paid! Room lacked cleanliness! One of the fridges were broken and left 1/2 way into the walking area. When opened, it was so smelly! The working fridge smelled of old food and the dishwasher smelled like stagnant water. Only 2 sets of towels in the bathroom; there were 4 of us in the reservation! No bedding in room for the pullout. The most disgusting thing was when my daughter grabbed the remote to find the bottom of it covered in was seemed to be Vaseline!!!

Room tip: Expect a long wait for elevators. 6 on property; only running 2! The line to get the elevator went into the lobby ! Waited over 20 min
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dee T
Matthew McGuigan, Other at Ala Moana Honolulu by Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2022

Aloha Dee T,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at the Ala Moana Hotel by Mantra. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced with the quality of cleaning in your unit. Please feel free to connect with me directly to better understand the experience you had. As you may already be aware not all rooms at the Ala Moana hotel are managed by the hotel operator, there are some privately managed rooms. I am very sorry to hear the experience was not as you expected. We hope you return and you can be assured a room managed by Accor booking through
Mahalo,
matthew.mcguigan@alamoanahotel.com

Reviewed 18 November 2022

Waited nearly an hour to check in.... You only had two people at Check in.... Very Poor Management

The "Locals Only" incentive programme... isn't true it does get applied
There was no discount or savings in fact I could have received a better price through Trivago. Can you Explain this???

The room wasn't even clean (2802) it had items left from your pervious guests.

The Fridge cut out and leaked all over the floor during the night which made me slip and fall.

Date of stay: November 2022
Matthew McGuigan, Other at Ala Moana Honolulu by Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2022

Aloha ryanregorash,
My sincerest apologies that your arrival experience was so far from expectation. I can most certainly understand your sentiments when beyond the poor arrival you encountered a room that was clearly needing further work. I welcome the opportunity to discuss the locals only rate code and other room deficiencies. Please feel free to connect with me at matthew.mcguigan@alamoanahotel.com.
Mahalo nui,

Reviewed 17 November 2022

Check in took an hour and a half, because there was an enormous queue, it took about 10 minutes to process each guest, and the room wasn't ready anyway. Have to wait 15 minutes for elevators, because of enormous queues. This was off-season. I can't imagine how bad it would be in peak season.

Aloha Coastal691645,
Mahalo for your feedback and please accept my sincerest apologies for the lengthy arrival experience. What you encountered is not what we have working for in creating a warm and welcoming arrival experience. We have a full understanding of the complications the group ahead of you were encountering and I sincerely regret that this was your first impression. I appreciate the time you took to provide a review and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Honolulu.

Reviewed 16 November 2022 via mobile

Very strategic position close to the Ala Moana shopping center and Waikiki beach is really close. Very nice appearance and very clean as well. I wan on the 13th deck and the carpet looked a bit old but it was very clean as the rest of the structure.
Front desk very helpful and sort me out in few minutes .
So far a very pleasant experience

Trip type: Travelled solo

Aloha 195danieleb,
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay at the Ala Moana Hotel by Mantra. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our terrific staff, the very comfortable rooms and an exploration of Honolulu. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to enjoy the other improvements we have on the horizon.

Mahalo nui,