“Awesome Ethiopian ”

Ethiopian Love Restaurant
Ranked #620 of 2,441 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

It's the best Ethiopian food I've had in the states. I've only eaten Ethiopian in the country of Kuwait but this was very close to the same taste. The location is cool, the atmosphere was nice and quite! Service was great. This is a must try if you're ever in Chinatown Hawaii!!!! Will come back over and over.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Unique food in Hawaii is hard to come by, considering most food here is Asian fusion. Ethiopian Love is not only unique, but it's delicious as well. The service is great, and friendly. I have eaten here so many times, and always bring friends when they visit. It can get a little warm in the restaurant, as I'm not sure they have proper air con. Don't forget to bring your own wine to enjoy a fabulous meal. I always get the sambussas, they are so flavorful and delicious. I've ordered the Doro Wot and the Alicha Wot..both so good and flavorful. I love the injera...sort of like a sourdough crepe. Makes the entree even better!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Beyond stoked to have Ethiopian in my hometown!! The owners are super nice, having moved to Hawaii and opening shop first in Kapahulu. Now that they are in Chinatown they're doing a great job, especially with the atmosphere! You can sit outside with the bamboo trees or sit inside in the cozy well-decorated brick-walled restaurant where you can also watch the Ethiopian coffee ritual go down. Great for couples, friends, or business meals. I've eaten Ethiopian food in Tokyo, L A, Paris, New York, San Francisco, Oakland, Washington DC, London, and Greece. This Ethiopian spot definitely stands up with all the rest, even if it is a little pricier than many other Ethiopian places I've been to. Support local businesses and check it out, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

The food here is very good though they nickel and dime for extra injera and the prices we thought were a bit high.
Tips - skip the baklava

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We went there for Sunday lunch and had an enjoyable meal...my friend and I ordered separate dishes, but they were served on a large platter family size...I got to taste my friend's vegetarian sampler and he my chicken dish...yummy..,