“Romantic anniversary dinner”

Roy's Waikiki Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikiki Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,623 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous evening with amazing food. It was our anniversary and the staff made an extra special effort to spoil us. We food the starter canoe to sample 5 starters. Butterfish was a highlight as well as the lobster dish yum yum yum

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Did not know what to expect as the lady that was the host kept looking at her computer screen when we made the booking and arrived. An interesting decor but it was explained to us that the restaurant was undergoing renovations.
The menu was good plenty of choice with a Asian theme, and boy that’s where it changed.
Our waiter introduced himself Daiya and what a great host he turned out to be, knowledgeable in wine and food and a great young person.
This without doubt is the finest meal both my wife and I have enjoyed in our travels. We shared an entree, scared that we might get to much but we could have argued over an extra piece it was that good and that was only chicken spring rolls.
Our mains arrived and without question the best slow cooked beef I have ever tasted and my wife had the salmon cooked exactly as she ordered. That is without question the best pulled beef we have both tasted indeed my wife commented that she should have order this if she knew how good it was going to be.
In closing, please do yourself a favour and visit this restaurant it might be the best thing you do while in Hawaii!

2  Thank John2259
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I chose this restaurant to celebrate our retirement form the AF en route to our final location. I love their macadamian nut fish. The steak was also pretty good too! Highly recommend.

1  Thank Ruggerlynn
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I first went to Roy's in Kahana on Maui about 7 years ago. It was excellent. I can remember going three nights in a row for their colossal oysters they ran as a special. To die for. Went back for more the 2nd night, they weren't on special but they scrounged me up some, the third night I walked in the waiter said "no more oysters!" After wraggling with him he got the kitchen to make some up. Since he moved to Kanapali his prices have gone up, the food is still good, but you bill will not be so good. Their munchies which they had at the old Roy's at the end are still the same kind of tasteless seasoned pea pods, which really is not very tasty. I think I'd rather eat peanuts. Their fish is still great, and creative, but their portions are smaller and the prices are higher. Two people in Honolulu was over $200 with only l glass of wine with dinner. Kind of lost my zeal for Roy's

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Great food and service. Eye fillet superb and the Chocolate Soufflé a highlight.
Will definitely go back.