“My favorite hotel”

Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Los Angeles
“My favorite hotel”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Every time I am on O'ahu, I stay at Waikiki Resort. The employees are friendly, helpful, and savvy; parking uncomplicated; business center, laundry room, and Internet access is available. There is a great cafe and sushi/bar lounge downstairs, spa, and pool. The rooms are large and have kitchenettes- microwave, fridge, sink, dishes, and utensils. The hotel is situated half a city block from the main boulevard and the beach on a street not crowded by tourists.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ElleLosAngeles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in Waikiki before moving on the Maui. They offered a special online discount. Pay for 2 nights get the 3rd free which helped me to decide on this hotel as the other hotels in the area were so expensive, and I was not there to spend time in my room. The 18th floor room had a good view of Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach and the ocean. The room was very tired looking. The carpet and bedding has seen better days and we did make sure to keep our shoes on when walking on the carpet. We booked a junior suite and it was good size and had a small kitchenette which we used to keep cold drinks and snacks in and to make coffe and tea in the morning. Bathroom was in dire need of an update. The location was very close to everything in Waikiki. I did find the staff pleasant and helpful and buffett breakfast was good but would get boring if you ate there everyday for a week, as it didn't change at all. I did hear some traffic noise at night but we were in the middle of a big city, so it is to be expected and it wasn't bad enought to keep us up.
We did try the pool one afternoon and it is not heated and was so cold we didn't get past our toes. Since I paid alot of money to go to Hawaii the last thing I wanted was a polar bear dip!
All in all it was an OK hotel and served the purpose, but I think the management should look at replacing the bedding and carpets and freshing up the decor.

Room Tip: The junior suite on the higher floors have a nice view of Diamond Head and the Ocean from the Balcon...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mcmCalgary
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Great location, well priced clean basic hotel. Helpful staff, parking available. Laundry available. I didn't use the pool because it is so close to the beach! Nearby restaurants, board rentals. A very nice hotel and vacation

• Stayed January 2012
Kamsack, Sk.
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Booked the hotel due to location, price and visitor reports, but found the hotel and staff not as reported in some reviews. I had excellent help from the front desk (print out of bus routes as an example), concierge very helpful, staff doing the room always pleasant, bellhop willing to help in directions. Found food at Ilima restaurant good and had fun with the staff in the lounge. Spent 13 days and enjoyed it all. Great location, would stay again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Had a room on the side facing Pacific Beach hotel, could suntan in the morning on balcony with my co...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Andrew K
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Waikki Resort Hotel last year and we are going back for sure!!!!
I cant get over how the staff looked after us at the hotel.we stayed for 6 days after our cruise. they helped us find the best of everything in Waikki at the best price and the room was always clean. Susie if the best giving us a great room and made us feel like family. This year we called the hotel and again we were looked after top drawer. This is why we are staying twice as long at this hotel this year. Close to the beach the stripand resturants and its quiet. I will keep you posted on this years stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple