“Great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roy's Hawaii Kai

Roy's Hawaii Kai
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Hawaii Kai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 80
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Folsom
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

we celebrated my father's 79th birthday at Roy's in Hawaii Kai. It was a bit noisy, but definitely a busy place. Food and service was good. A little disappointed we had to wait 25mins to be seated, even when I had called a day ahead to make a reservation. Maybe they didn't think it was a serious reservation, because they called to confirm twice. I guess because it was on April 1st.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

South Yarmouth
“"Serving Aloha"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

By saying "Serving Aloha",I must say that the way they make you feel there is right up there with the quality of the food.Everyone greets you when you walk in the door and makes you feel like Ohana.Love the view at sunset!!The fact that each Roy's has a different menu makes them all special.(In fact the menu changes according to local offerings).I usually try to get out of my "comfort" zone while eating on vacation and can do this at Roy's without worrying what I might get.Tried the Fish Trio,as I do not care for salmon,they substituted the Butterfish,All I can say is that I have a new favorite meal.I had to scour the Island for Forbidden Black Rice,so I can replicate the meal at home.My mouth waters and I get a smile when I hear Roy's!!!

• Visited December 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Delicious and different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

This was our last meal before a long night flight. We began with drinks at the outdoor bar where we were given complimentary warm endamame in Japanese spices. We also had time to mull over the extensive and exciting menu.
This will be top of my list when I return to Waikiki to try out all the dishes I couldn't fit in this time. The lobster sushi are superb and a late order when we saw them going to another table. We enjoyed superb fish dishes, the butterfish a stand out.
Roys combines top notch ingredients with innovative uses of global flavours especially Japanese.
Highy recommended.

• Visited March 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A Hawaii Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Roy's in Hawaii Kai is the original Roy's. Personally I like eating outside or in the bar area rather than upstairs. Reason being that the atmosphere is better. Outside you get the music, sunset and the kiki lights... The food is always good and I particularly like the Butterfish and also the large selection appertizer dish. Service is excellent, pricy, but worthy of it .
There is also one in Waikiki and the outer Islands ... but it is always nice to say you have been to the original!

Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Heavenly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I honestly don't have much to say- because the food makes me speechless! I personally had the Caprese salad, which was so good I felt like I was eating something delicate and fragile.
My three companions all had the fish special, which included swordfish and paired with the Caprese salad. Keep in mind the small portions aren't a bad thing- unlike what most restaurants and cafes do, Roy's do not sacrifice quality for quantity. Think of a high-end french restaurant, but with authentic hawaiian cuisine. I personally cannot eat any meat unless its chicken, turkey or pork. Roy's was heavenly, with great service and outstanding cuisine.
Keep in mind that it is expensive. For four the bill came up to $117.50 and we were still hungry afterwards. But what I especially like about Roy's is that they give you the healthy portions: the amount that your body is supposed to healthily consume.
If I could, I'd eat there every night!

Visited April 2012