“Best steak ever”

Hy's Steak House - Waikiki
Reserve with OpenTable
Hy's Steak House - Waikiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,592 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Uluniu Avenue
Description: Join us for select Holiday brunch buffets, celebrate your family holiday traditions at Honolulu's most iconic restaurants. Hy's Steak House, one of the best-known steakhouses in Hawaii, has been a tradition in Waikiki for 40 years and continues to be a favorite with visitors and locals alike. Tuxedoed waiters expertly prepare Caesar Salad, carve Chateaubriand for two and flambè delicious desserts (like Bananas Foster and Cherries Jubilee ) tableside. The real specialties of this steak house, of course, are the USDA Prime grade cuts of beef - New York Strip, Porterhouse T-Bone, Delmonico and Filet Mignon - which are dry-aged and trimmed on the premises. The kiawe wood sears the steaks with an intense heat, while complementing the flavor of the fine beef perfectly. Enjoy a cognac or glass of Port from Hy's full bar in the intimacy of the library lounge, while enjoying the acoustic musical offerings of Audy Kimura, Vernon Sakata or Chris Hopper. Join us for Easter & Mother's Day Brunch.
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We dined here for our Christmas Day dinner and the staff was wonderful even though most of them had already put in a full days work covering the lunch buffet crowd. The onion soup gratinee is excellent. They cube some of their cheese bread and include it under the cheese, which adds to the flavor. The soup was good, but the steak is to die for. I ordered the 18 oz Delmonico with the intention of sharing some with my son. I must admit, the steak was so tender and flavorful that I turned into the grinch and only shared a bite or two. My only complaint was that my molten chocolate cake was a little over cooked so I didn't get the chocolate lava goodness. For a family of 3 I spent $200 including drinks and didn't regret one cent paid.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

if you like to dress up and have an expensive mediocre food, more power to you. they will dress you to their standards, too bad I cannot tell them to cook and season my steaks to my standards. we were not impressed with the steaks that we ordered but it's a steakhouse, that's their specialty. we just paid our $$$$ bill and enjoyed the rest of the evening being ourselves and not be subjected to their "hy" standards.

2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great dinner at Hy's. The meal was cooked perfectly and amazing. The best part of all was the desert of Bananas Foster and Sinatra mint Strawberry ice cream flambe. The service was also great, as always. If you are in Honolulu, you must go-to Hy's for dinner. Always a great experience!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My parents and I thoroughly enjoyed our food and experience at Hy’s Steakhouse. The service was top notch as was everything from the interior design to the wine list. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We went here for a special night out when we were in Waikiki. The service was excellent. Our waitress, Theresa, was amazing. She was very busy, but was still able to give us her time and attention. She clearly loves her job and works to provide a good dining experience. We ordered the Cesar salad which was made table side. It was one of the best Cesar salads that I have had. I had the garlic steak which was excellent. The fries were crispy and perfectly seasoned. For dessert we had the flambe special. It was vanilla ice cream served in a coconut shell. They made the topping table side which was delicious. Ryan was also very helpful and attentive. We were impressed with how hard all of the staff worked and how well they worked together, helping each other out when things got busy.