13 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$403
Hotels.com$296
Travelocity$296
Tripadvisor$296
Priceline$445
Orbitz.com$296
4,398 results
All reviews pineapple juice great location continental breakfast boogie boards beach gear courtesy room two blocks rooms are small tea and coffee junior suite bus stop air conditioner valet parking short walk to the beach every morning would definitely stay here again street noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2022

This hotel is easy to get to and very close to the beach, restaurants and public transportation. Tasty breakfasts were offered daily with menu variations. They offer complimentary chilled pineapple juice at the front desk anytime. Loved the front desk helpful employees. They loan out beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrellas and much more for no cost. Room was comfortable and clean.

Date of stay: April 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vive Management Team, Owner at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Aloha Nkerstetter,

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy that we were a perfect fit for you during your stay with us! We certainly hope to see you again the next time you are in Honolulu!

Reviewed 16 May 2022

Loved everything about this hotel. Friendly staff, great central location, huge room (we were somehow upgraded to a junior suite!), clean and in good condition. The breakfast was good - variety of fruit, boiled eggs (tip: put eggs in a cup with boiling water to heat them up), bacon, and various bread and pastry items. And a bonus, you can use their microwave and toaster oven anytime as well as get tea and coffee anytime. Only downside is the street noise but I think that would apply everywhere. We liked that the windows opened too.

Aloha Ozi-gal,

Thank you for your kind review and the pro-tip for our future guests! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Honolulu!

Reviewed 15 May 2022

Boutique hotel. Well appointed room. Breakfast a plus. Courteous, friendly staff. Great location, with plenty of eating options just steps from the hotel. We did not rent a car, but rather took local bus. The bus stop is just outside of the hotel. Definitely recommend Vive Hotel

Aloha Carosm,

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. And we also think that the bus is a fantastic and economical way to get around the island!

Mahalo for staying with us,

Reviewed 15 May 2022

Everything at the Vive Hotel Waikiki was fabulous. The three of us had a generous room. The breakfast was a good start to the day. Loved the coffee and fresh fruit.
But the best thing - the Vive staff! Every single person was fantastic - welcoming, cordial, positive. We were greeted with glasses of pineapple juice on a late arrival. We received towels, ice, etc. quickly when we asked for them.
And the valets! We especially loved Arnel. They made us feel so special!
Next time we go to Oahu we'll certainly stay at the Vive Hotel Waikiki.

Aloha Pat,

Thank you for your kind words especially regarding our staff! We will be sure to let Arnel know how much you appreciated his services! Please stay with us again soon!

Aloha,
I live in Hawaii. I am not a tourist. Therefore I KNOW the good and bad places and this place is amazing. I had just come back from Europe where I had flown to for a family emergency. I have been living in Hawaii for 30 years. Then I got sick with bad bronchitis. Then my apartment flooded and I had to find a hotel in town, close to my work, to stay with my daughter and 2 cats.
I went to several properties and was told "no pets" "no vacancy" etc. Then I walked into Vive. John, at the reception desk, was adorable. He saw my distress, he was kind and an hour later we were on our way from home, two cats in tow, 6 different bags with clothes and toiletries, and checked in. The hotel is beautiful, ocean views, amazing bathrooms, clean, free buffet in the morning that has everything. But the staff is what really made our stay: everyone is amazing. I wish I could remember all the names of the reception people, Roger, Bryson, the breakfast people, the valet guys, the manager, the housekeeping. What an oasis in the middle of Waikiki. You get free beach towels, chairs, the hotel is super quiet, it's like an island within an island. I am not likely to stay there again since I live less than half a mile away but I will tell anyone who visits Honolulu to go and stay there. Since I am also going to be in between jobs, I am actually thinking about applying there since I am multilingual. Thank you again to everyone at Vive. You made a stressful situation livable, you made me smile and happy after I had been throuch so much in the last month. Mahalo!

Aloha Malia,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us! We hope the cats are doing well! Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay and of course you are welcome back any time! (although you do live just across the Alawai). We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our guests, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you and your family!