3,071 results
All reviews continental breakfast fresh fruit great location boogie boards beach gear courtesy room two blocks tea and coffee rooms are small bus stop junior suite free wifi air conditioner short walk to the beach valet parking would definitely stay here again pineapple
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Wanting good, safe, clean accommodation I chose the Vive Hotel Waikiki. During my stay I was impressed with the quality of the hotel, its location a few minutes walk from the beach, and the price. Excellent value for money.

Date of stay: December 2017
Vive Management T, Front Office Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha Errolduckchong,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! It brings me joy to hear you were able to enjoy the value of everything we have to offer at Vive. There’s another glass of pineapple juice waiting for you when you return!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We travel often and the staff was very friendly and professional but Beverly from the front desk was one of the best we've ever had the pleasure to meet,. She was so friendly and professional. Housekeeping Manager (Asian female) was also wonderful. She took the time to go through the dirty laundry for medicine that we lost. The only negative was the noisy air conditioners. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha Roving40811787160,

Your comments toward our staff members are greatly appreciated! I will make sure Beverly and the Housekeeping Manager receives your praises. Please accept my sincere apologies about the noisy air conditioner we are looking to replace our air conditioners very soon! Despite the inconvenience above, I’m glad to hear it was a pleasurable experience.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Nice modern hotel, very clean, but somewhat plain and simple with not a lot of frills. If you do not book your room directly through the hotel, they make you pay a surprise "amenity fee" of $12/day that they say pays for things I would otherwise expect a hotel to provide. It feels scammy and left a bad taste in my mouth. I would have otherwise rated Vive higher as I enjoyed my stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Aloha Trail64086634983,

I’m very sorry to hear about your booking experience. There is a mandatory amenity fee when booking with third party companies which are mentioned on their websites. However, to make the experience more positive, we do waive the amenity fee when booked directly. Despite the above, I’m glad to hear you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I called to cancel reservation but somehow I have been charged twice. The first I understand, but second time it was absolutely unfair, I explained it to stuff but got the same answer.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wander465734
Vive Management T, Front Office Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aloha Wander465734,

We appreciate your passion on this subject because we are also disappointed with how this unfolded.

In this particular situation, we held onto the reservation as long as we possibly could to accommodate your request despite the uncertain time of arrival. Moreover, one of our Guest Service Agents reached out to you as a courtesy in regards to keeping the reservation but unfortunately, we were unable to hold it any longer as we had to accommodate another guest who had arrived on time and needed to check into their rooms for the day. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we always do our utmost to accommodate all of our guests, and this includes upholding policy to ensure property room readiness to all.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we invite you to book again with us. If you'd like any further assistance on this matter, please contact us at info@vivehotelwaikiki.com or 808-687-200, and we'd be happy to help.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

From the moment we arrived we loved this hotel. Christina at reception checked us in early and gave us a room with a partial view of the ocean and great view of the city. The room had robes, water, and a tablet you could use during your stay. You could order room service from various local eateries using the tablet. You could also order your car from the valet service with the tablet. The room though a little on the small side was more than enough for the two of us during our 2 night stay. Christina went the extra mile and arranged a birthday treat for my girlfriend cos she knew we were there to celebrate her birthday. It was a wonderful gesture which brought a tear to my girlfriend’s eye when we got back to the room after a long day sightseeing. That was real customer service. Thanks to Christina and all at the Vive for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple