“Delicious food, large portion, very reasonable price”

So Gong Dong Restaurant
Ranked #380 of 2,524 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are on a road trip from Pensacola back to NJ, and stopovers at Montgomery. We are surprised to find that there are many Korean restaurants in the area. This restaraurant specializes in Tofu soup. I am a big fan of Korean Tofu soup, needless to say, I am really excited.

The restaurant looks very much like the Korean restaraunts in New York City, authentic looking. We also found out that there are several other locations for So Gong Dong, including 1 in New York and 1 in Seoul. Typical of Korean restaurants, many side dishes were brought out at the beginning of the meal. The waitress is very nice, and kept bringing out the 2 vegetable dishes that we liked. The Tofu soup itself is delicious, with large portions. You have a selection of 5 spicy levels to choose from. The service is quick. All in all, great place.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate at the restaurant this week. We were seated immediately and the order was taken in a few minutes.

The meal, BBQ combination plate was more than enough for both of us. The BBQ Chicken and Bulgogi beef was very tasty, well spiced. It was probably the best tasting Korean combination we have tasted in Honolulu.

We will definitely go back again when we crave good Korean food.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I shared a BBQ Combination plate for lunch today. One plate was more than enough for both of us, but we were extremely pleased with the taste of the BBQ chicken and Bulgogi beef.

Both my wife and I loved the meats and agreed that it was one of the best Korean cooked BBQ we had tasted in Honolulu.

The service was very fast, the staff were polite even though the restaurant was fairly full for lunch.

The restaurant looks like a hole in the wall restaurant but it is definitely a good place to eat. Will definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This is our go to place when we want soondubu! We’ve tried many different Korean restaurants here in Hawaii but this place has the best soondubu(my opinion). The BBQ chicken is also delicious.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Whenever we're in the mood for
Soondubu (Korean soft tofu soup) we come here! It reminds me of the Tofu House is LA's Korea Town. You can choose your soup to be spicy or mild. I always get the combination soup & BBQ chicken. I love this place!