My all adult family spent the week at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Hilton Hawaiian Village and we were pleased with our experience. It was a timeshare exchange and we could not have been happier with our accomodations.
It was a large 2 bedroom on the 16th floor with an ocean view in the Lagoon Tower and it was beautiful. We could see the ocean and the private Lagoon on the property. From our room we could see the fire works displays they have on Friday nights and the entertainment on the roof of the adjacent building at the Luau. This is a very large facility and a little over crowded even in Oct. I do not swim but I noticed the pools were very full. As others have mentioned you have to get a towel card to get a beach towel and return the towel for the card , then turn the card in at check out or be billed for the towel.
There is construction going on to build another pool on the property and to add more stores. This facility is almost a self contained little town. There are all kinds of shopping and restaurants and a small ABC store with groceries. Items are a little higher but the convenience is worth it. Although milk was $9.99 a gallon in there we were told it was about $7.00 a gallon average on the island.
The room was clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Master had a king bed and the other bedroom had 2 double beds. It had 2 full baths, living area, dining area and kitchen with all utensils. Only complaint I had was there was only a 1/2 gallon pitcher and I am from Texas and drink lots of iced tea.
The beach is only a few steps from the outer edge of the facility and you can walk all the way down the beach side on a sidewalk. In addition to shopping there are several small clubs with free entertainment on property.
It is an all non smoking facility with only a couple of designated areas for my bad habit. I did not find the large area with benches until the day I was leaving.
We came in early from another hotel and they held our luggage for us and called as soon as the room was ready.
There is a thermostat in the unit for Heat and A/C but it just says warm/ cool with different settings in between and a three speed fan. We found we had to shut off the vents in the living area to keep the bedrooms cool at night. And you can't leave the balcony door open or the unit shuts off.
The balcony was furnished with a nice table and four chairs.
Big flat screen TV's in living and each bedroom with a playstaion and dvd player in living room. You will get a card to use at the kiosk in the lobby for free dvd movies and playstaion games.
Decent water pressure in the showers and I never ran out of hot water.
Staying for a week we only got maid service once but, if you need anything, all you have to do is catch the maid in the hall and she will be happy to provide you with items from her cart. To get clean towels just take your dirty ones to her to count and get fresh ones.
There are 2 free washers and dryers on each floor of the Lagoon Tower. You can buy detergent in the ABC store in the lobby. So pack light and wash. Save yourself baggage fees.
We did not rent a car during our stay we used the Waikiki trolley but I heard that parking was $20.00 per night.
Did not take my laptop as I read different stories about Wi-Fi availability and prices.
All staff was friendly and helpful. I did notice that there wasn't much security. Only saw 2 guards driving a 4 wheeler through the property once and guards at the private events they had on the lawn by the Lagoon.
If I was planning on going back to Waikiki I would definitly stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village, you'll have access to the Village's spectacular amenities, including an exercise facility to maintain your workout routine, over 20 restaurants and lounges, complimentary shows and live events, first-class shopping and a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village offers studios, one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Honolulu Hilton
- Hawaiian Hilton Village
- Hilton Grand Vacations At Hilton Hawaiian Village Honolulu, Hawaii