As stated in the "Title" I've stayed in every tower and prefer this "Lagoon" tower. If you're old enough and been at the village in previous years, you know these use to be rentals and then were re-done many years ago. You would never know how old this tower really is by it's appearance. It looks brand new throughout. If you like a private pool with access to all pools then stay in Alii Tower; I read a previous view from someone who downgraded it in comparison to other Hilton Vacation Club properties. I can't compare to other such properties, so my review is only regarding the Hawaiian Village and the over dozen Oahu properties I've stayed. So continuing after Alii Tower, my next favorite would be Rainbow because of views and rooms and ease to pools/restaurants, however the elevators can take a while because of the number of people waiting to get on compared to number of elevators available. The negative reviewer above preferred Kaiia Tower, I personally don't care for Kalia. I consider it along with the Tapa Tower to be more of a businessman's Tower where you don't care about view or the feeling of Hawaii. Diamond Tower is my last choice after other hotels on the island. The Waikikian Vacation Club does not have the many rooms with a view (the one I had was supposed to be partial view, well the view was the top of boat masts in the harbor if I leaned way over the side of the balcony so be aware of "partial" go for the "view" or another tower..in my opinion.
My only disappointment was the car valet because too many times there was only one valet working, so the wait was long.
We were on 6th floor facing Diamond Head/Rainbow Tower which I preferred, which means sitting on our balcony we could face and hear the Luau and special events on the grass area below. Plus a great view of the Friday night fireworks (make sure you find out the time and stick around to watch...it is impressive. There were some palm trees that obstructed view so get 7th floor or higher. Our room was straight off elevator and that was no problem for noise. It was good having TV in both living room and bedroom - cuts down on spouse complaint about program I'm watching or her trying to sleep. Both are nice large flat screens. I am Hilton Diamond member and didn't get upgraded, but I got the room type I paid for and was fortunate because every tower and Hotel was full for at least half my stay (I couldn't get into Hyatt, Marriotts, Astons, etc. because of Presidents Day week-end.
The Gold/Diamond members VIP breakfast is on first floor of Rainbow Tower and is a short, but nice walk. If you like to leave for work after that breakfast you might think using the main valet parking, always well staff and the morning guys run fast and the wait is not too long. There is self parking in garage and sometimes if there is a big event (like the Marine's Ball, etc.) it can be a challenge finding an open spot. The Lagoon/Waikikian is faster to drive into and out of if you're driving down Ala Moana from Airport/Ala Moana shopping center (just turn right after Iliki Hotel at stop light.).
Check in/out desk was fast and well staffed. Bell Desk was fast and well staffed. I had free internet, but that may have been because of my Hilton status, ask when you make reservation, otherwise don't be surprised at $15 or more charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village, you'll have access to the Village's spectacular amenities, including an exercise facility to maintain your workout routine, over 20 restaurants and lounges, complimentary shows and live events, first-class shopping and a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village offers studios, one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Honolulu Hilton
- Hawaiian Hilton Village
- Hilton Grand Vacations At Hilton Hawaiian Village Honolulu, Hawaii