US$ 403
US$ 281
US$ 229
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 258/night.

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$ 654
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
1,563 results
All reviewshilton hawaiian villagekalia towerlagoon towersgrand waikikiangreat lawnhgvc ownersfull kitchentime shareliving roomocean viewfriday night fireworksgreat resortsuper poolfamily vacationgreat vacationtapa barwaikiki beach
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This was our 9th consecutive year staying here through the Holidays. We arrived at the Lagoon Towers on 12/22 when our kids arrived in Honolulu. My husband and I had been staying in the Rainbow tower up until then.
We were pleasantly surprised when we saw that the rooms had been updated... modern decor and soothing color palette... VERY NICE!

I enjoy having the full kitchen and while I don't really use it for a lot of cooking, it is wonderful to be able to store snacks and drinks, cereal for quick breakfasts and most importantly... having the opportunity to make a traditional Christmas Eve dinner for our family :)

We travel for 3 weeks so the washer and dryers on each floor are a big plus in our decision to stay here as well. It is family friendly and the staff is always welcoming and eager to assist. We were first given a room that reeked with the smell of cigarettes and they worked hard to move us around... not an easy feat as anyone who has ever visited during this time of year will tell you.

We love the grounds and enjoy walking into the "busier" section of Waikiki and then retreating back into our little section of quiet and calm. The resort is so romantic and in the evenings, it is lit up with so many torches. There is a short but sweet fireworks show every Friday night.

Stop by the Tropics for a drink after the beach... there is usually live entertainment from about 5-ish. The Parahna Brothers Band (not sure of spelling) was awesome and so was Henry Kapono!!!!! Try the Waikiki Cosmo... absolutely delish!

Our only pet peeve... the luau done on the rooftop of the convention center becomes VERY, VERY annoying when you are forced to listen to their show EVERY NIGHT! Even with our lanai doors closed, we could still hear the noise. A bummer since my husband and I love sitting out on the balcony with a glass of wine.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views and request a room on the Diamond Head side... not the Ilikai hotel side :)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank HawaiiGirl08
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed in the Lagoon tower in a two bedroom suite. For a family with two collage age kids this was perfect. Nice wide screen TVs, comfortable beds, well equipped kitchen. The only problem is that we were facing away from the lagoon and towards the hotel next door. If we left the window or balcony door open we heard the drone of their giant air conditioners.

This is part of a mega-village with lots of vacationers. Service is where this place fell apart. Lines for everything. We were there during the holidays, so one can kind of make an excuse. There was a long lines for check-in.We went to the concierge to book our Pearl Harbor tour, she said she couldn't help us with that and sent us to the tour desk (but she could sell us a timeshare.) The Tour desk was a long line with only two clerks and a 45 minute wait. PLAN AHEAD! Book before you go and/or directly with providers.

Pros:
Comfortable accommodations and excellent amenities
Beautiful lagoon and beach
Great grounds

Cons:
Poor service and long lines
A long walk to the main action and shops of Waikiki

Room Tip: If you are in the Lagoon Tower, try and get the Lagoon/Ocean side.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ben60025
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Our family stayed in a two bedroom two bath suite with a full kitchen in the Lagoon Tower. The suite was perfect for our family. Two good sized bedrooms and nice bathrooms. Large living room with 2 good sized balconies. Nice view of the marina. the suite was very clean, no bugs in sight! Nicely furnished, nice thick walls that prevented sound from travelling. Worked great for our family of 5 and allowed us to entertain other family as we were there for a family reunion. Our inlaws had the exact same room 6 floors up and it was the same quality. Pools were nice. Would have liked to have the Lagoon pool heated as it was very chilly water and would have been nice to have a bar and snack bar at that pool. We were there during the entire APEC weekend and yes traffic was bad but we had access to the beach in front of the hotel the entire time. Yes Secret Service was there but did not effect us at all. Hilton did notify us just before our arrival about the traffic but could have done more to help with transportation in and out of the hotel during the weekend.
Yes restaraunts are expensive, that is why we loved having the full kitchen. Nice to have lots of groceries available downstairs in the lobby. Hotel staff was very friendly and checked on us several times to make sure our stay was meeting our expectations.

Overall we had a great time at this resort. Actually better than I expected considering what I had heard about Wakiki being so busy and about the hotel and about the APEC restrictions. We are HHonors members and did not book this through a time share sales office.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Becky M
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Booked a studio and was appalled upon arrival. For the excessive amount of money charged for what is a Hilton Grand Vacation property, I walked into a tiny room comparative to a Days Inn, with no view, dark, dismal, with no balcony. I literally couldn't find enough floor space to open my suitcase. I immediately called to reception to express my concerns and at first they weren't going to do anything. But I insisted and got upgraded to a better room, a one bedroom. It was in the tower next door, the Grand Waikikian, a "luxury" property. The one bedroom suite was very nice. It had a full kitchen, two bedded bedroom, a big tub, walk-in shower, nice bathroom and a view of a busy intersection and other buildings from its balcony, which I never used, due to the view. Hey, it was an improvement over the studio. I had to switch four days in, and they were going to make me return to the studio. Even though the general manager of the hotel had promised this would not happen. I checked online and they were selling the very room I was staying in on several sites, yet they were telling me one was not available. I refused to return to the studio, and somehow, even though five minutes before I was told by the resort manager it was impossible, they found me a one-bedroom in the Lagoon Tower. After all of the promises and the demonstrations of concern, this made me feel very badly about the management and my treatment. Yes, I was upgraded, but at such a cost? The lagoon tower 1 BR was a big step down from the Grand Waikikian 1 BR, but had all the amenities and a balcony. But for the money, I could have stayed in a luxury resort in the center of Waikiki.

The property itself is huge. There are five or six towers, a mix of Hilton Grand Vacations buildings and the Hilton hotel buildings. It was extremely crowded and not quiet or restful at all. We walked the entire property to find a quiet place away from the crowds and couldn't find a single nook or cranny to get away from it all. If you want quiet luxury, the Halekalani or the Westin would fit the bill, for about the same price or less, and in the center of Waikiki. The Hilton is a 15 minute walk to the center of the action, although there is a shopping mall right on property with restaurants, shops and a mini-mart. There are several restaurants nearby as well that are much less expensive than the onsite choices. Everything is a long walk away. I love to walk so it didn't bother me, but if you have trouble getting around, this is not the place for you.

The gym was 10 minutes walk from the Lagoon tower. There was a largish sized gym mostly filled with aerobics equipment. at 7am, there was not a single machine available. There are about 20 machines for what is probably 2000+ guests. The steam room/sauna area costs $17 per day extra, but gym is free. There is a nice, quiet pool outside the spa. The only quiet pool on property, but with no view and not very lush or pretty.

There are four other pools and a beautiful lagoon area with a beach and a big wading lagoon. Then the beach is right there. You couldn't ask for a better spot on the beach. If you want a chair or an umbrella, you'll have to pay $30 for the umbrella and $15 per chair. You can lay on the beach for free. The big pool has lots of available chairs, but there is no shade from the sun by mid-day. There are no umbrellas at any of the pools and escaping the sun became a problem. The lagoon pool is very shady, but small and packed with kids. The lagoon pool is very pretty. Get there early to snag a chair.

To use the pools, you have to wear an armband and use cards to claim towels. Lose the cards and its $10 per card. When I got the towels the guy said he didn't care about the wristbands. He only cared about the cards, so I never wore my wristband again. There are two beach bar restaurants by the main pool and they are both very nice, not ridiculously priced and offer happy hours in the afternoon.

The shopping area within the resort grounds is really nice and there are lots of good restaurant choices. But the main drag in Waikiki, a $6 cab ride, is awesome for all that. Amazing shopping, every high end brand you can think of, four Coach stores alone. Great restaurants, beautiful hotels and hotel bars. Lots of fun.

Staying at the HIlton was not peaceful at all. It is a city unto itself with thousands of tourists roaming around, its own traffic, and nasty patrolmen. But if you like a place that is full of life, exciting in many ways, then you might like the Hilton.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK A STUDIO IN THE LAGOON TOWER. You will hate it. Very small, no view, no balcony, mini-kitchen.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Mikestages
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Oh dear. Ohhhhh, Hilton. No goodsies. To preface: we booked this trip after being sold on a discounted vacation by Hilton if we'd just sit through a 2-hour timeshare presentation. We knew it was probably going to be at least mildly annoying, but hey, it's Hilton, how bad can it be? We were told very clearly that we would be staying in a suite large enough to hold at least two couples with a kitchen and a washer dryer. My fiance and I were both on the call, wrote down what we were told, and he emailed it to me to have a record of the conversation that same day. Keep that in mind as you read this review, y'all.

So we arrive at Honolulu airport for our very badly needed vacation having heard just prior to leaving that the APEC summit was going on at the same time. We didn't hear this from Hilton, mind you, but from a snorkeling tour company. The lovely and helpful girls at the rental car place helpfully informed us that Obama was staying at Hilton. Again, the rental car girls - not Hilton. Look, I get it that Hilton doesn't control the APEC summit, isn't in charge of security for the POTUS, and that it's really a good economic thing for Hawaii. I understand, really. But don't you think that just maybe they could have warned us far enough in advance so we could change our plans if we didn't want to be in Waikiki at the same time and have our vacation severely compromised by all the security and general hullabaloo? Even if they couldn't say exactly who was going to stay there, they could have said something generic. ANYway...

So we finally arrive at HHV (after having our car searched by Secret Service) only to be told that there were no rooms with king beds available. Um... what? My fiance and I are not sleeping in two double beds, but thanks. Call your supervisor. And lo! A wild king bed miraculously appears! I'm starting to get a funny feeling at this point, because weren't we supposed to be in a suite? Didn't the nice saleslady who sold us this vacation tell us we should totally bring another couple? So with great trepidation we head up to our room, only to find a gungy carpet, stained desk chair, and totally unremarkable teensy hotel room. Not okay. My honey calls down to the timeshare concierge to find out what the sam hill is going on, and after quite a bit of back and forth about what the package includes vis-a-vis what we were promised, she says she'll call her supervisor to find out what she can do. We head down to the bar to have an umbrella drink (you know, because we're on vacation in Hawaii and would like to enjoy ourselves at some point) and wait. And wait. And get glowered at by Secret Service. And wait some more. Then she calls back. Good news! She can upgrade us to something sort of vaguely approximating the type of room we were promised for the low low price of an additional 80 dollars a night! And because they're so very nice, they'll even waive the $100 fee they'd normally charge for changing the room type after check in! Yeeeeeeah no.

So we go trundling over to her office (not actually having had our fruity beverages yet, mind you) to talk this out face-to-face. And she tells us that she's superduper sorry, but the saleslady was wrong, shouldn't have told us we'd be getting anything more than the most basic room, and basically that we need to suck it up and deal, the 80 buck upgrade is her best offer. We very calmly explain our position to her - this is not what we agreed to, not what we were promised, and not what we paid for. We're not paying extra because their people messed up. We're either going to get what we were promised or we're going to check out and go elsewhere (I've already called two other hotels) and dispute the charges from Hilton to our credit cards. She'll call her supervisor again. Okay, we'll go down to the beach and wait for her call. Oh, wait, we can't go to the beach. The beach is closed due to heightened security. Sigh. Okay, can she buy us a froofy tropical drink from the pool bar, then? WHAAAAAAT? In all her years she has NEVER had someone ask her such a thing! Sputter sputter well I never! She hands us $50 in "Hilton Dollars" to spend on the property. We head out the door. Wait, her colleague says! You know you can't use those for alcohol, right? Jesus mercy, people, I tell you what.

So we finally have some relaxing libations in hand (the relaxing quality somewhat compromised by the beefy men with earpieces frowning at us from every angle) when she calls back. Fine, we can have the suite for no upcharge, but they're going to listen to the tape of our call with the saleslady and if they find out we're lying liars who lie, they're going to charge us an additional $60 dollars a night for the suite. Um, the suite you were trying to upgrade us to for EIGHTY bucks a night a few minutes ago? Before you wasted three hours of our vacation and then questioned our integrity? Yeah, that suite. Which did have a kitchen but only one bedroom - imagine if we actually HAD brought another couple! How embarrassing that would have been! The ONLY reason this is a 2-star review instead of one is because we did ultimately get (more or less) what we were promised and we cooked some delicious fish tacos in that kitchen out of a mahi-mahi I caught.

I won't bore you with details of the timeshare presentation, but it, um, wasn't good. We didn't buy it. I know you're shocked.

Also: it's been two weeks since they told us they were going to listen to the tape. We've heard nothing. Funny, that.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple