17 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$471
Travelocity$471
Trip.com$609
1,924 results
All reviews moana terrace across the street kealohilani tower waikiki beach kuhio grill resort fee ocean view breakfast buffet abc store diamond head per day pool bar self park upgraded room honolulu zoo restaurants and shops lobby area
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2022 via mobile

Quick stay for overnight flight connection. We normally stay at the Moana or Royal Hawaiian, but with less than 24 hrs, we decided to give the Marriott Waikiki another try. We had previously stayed in the Paoakalani Tower, and this time booked a room in the Kealohilani (closer to the beach). Checking in at the Bonvoy desk was extremely slow. My status was recognized and we were upgraded to a king oceanfront room, which we appreciated.
The rooms are rather small, and the beds are unlike the comfy Marriott beds we are used to. The bathroom was tiny and the toilet so low that it belonged in a child's bathroom. The bathroom door is a glass slider, which floods the bedroom with light every time someone got up to use the bathroom. From the 14th floor, we had a nice view towards the Royal Hawaiian (we prefer Diamond Head view) but could still hear quite a bit of noise from performers and traffic on Kalakaua Ave. This side of the building is L shaped, so there is absolutely no privacy on the balcony, as it faces those to the right. Unfortunately a group of young men in one of these rooms chose to blast their music so loudly that we could hear it all the way down on the street when we went down for dinner. Less than ideal for a good nights' sleep! I called security and they left a message saying they were "unable" to locate the noise.
Elevators are very slow. Overall, I would consider trying a Diamond Head facing room on a higher floor, and possibly a suite vs regular room. I would rate this property as "average."

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachcomberME
Reviewed 21 April 2022 via mobile

Awesome hotel, great location, fantastic food, great staff. Kids loved it. Only a 4/5 rather than 5/5 because the concierge was really unhelpful in providing information. I think he is maybe in the wrong job. Couldn’t help organise anything for us. Either because, as he said, it was close to his lunch or on the next occasion, rather than advising us on possible options to move around the island, we should just hire an Uber. Bit disappointing for such a lux hotel. Nevertheless, a very relaxing break.

Short walk along the road from the hotel I n Waikki - Recommend Dukes for dinner with kids and Ramen Momosan -sticky ribs and Ramen delicious.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank twin210
Reviewed 19 April 2022

I recently had the opportunity to stay at this amazing resort and just had to take the time to compliment the property and staff. Jatin at the front desk checked me in and was so pleasant and thorough. I felt so welcomed right away. Janelle at the front desk was also very helpful and was able to accommodate a very important request of mine. Dennis at the bell desk was outstanding from beginning to the end of my stay. I was there for business and pleasure and I was delighted with the property and staff and can't wait to re-visit.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2022

We chose to spend out last 2 days on Oahu at the Marriott Waikiki Resort following 6 excellent days at another resort in Ko Olina so that our teenagers (18, 17, 17, 13) could see a different side of Hawaii with the Waikiki experience.

The Marriott was a complete disappointment in terms of service at every level. As a frequent traveler with Marriott (Titanium Elite) I was able to book 2 ocean front rooms on points. From the moment we stepped on property this hotel and staff completely lacked the “Aloha” experience we had over the previous 6 days on island.

We pulled up in the loop to check in. After waiting for several minutes in the loop we didnt see any staff so I entered the hotel to check in with my family in the car. While there were only 2 people in line ahead of me it took 20 Minutes to get to an front desk attendant. During that time my family was yelled at by the valet staff for having my car in the entrance loop. Keep in mind there were no staff and signage what so ever. The valet told my wife to move the car immediately with no instructions or guidance of where to park.

I had checked in online and was told our rooms were ready. When I finally got to the check in my credit card needed to be updated as the expiration date had changed. After 5+ minutes of the attendant not knowing what to do, I asked him if he could simply re-run the card. He disappeared for 10 minute and came back saying he needed a managers help. After another 5 minutes of him standing and waiting on a supervisor, I had to track someone down to assist him to re-run the card as expected. As a Titanium member I am entitled to a free breakfast. He asked me which room I would like the breakfast on and I told him 2 on each room. He rudely replied “why would I give you 1 on each room when you are only checking in once?” I asked him if I check in separately for each room would I get breakfast on each room and he said “yes but you are not checking in separately.” At this point the line behind me had grown to 10-15 people so I let it go.

The poor service continued with individuals in the bell service, concierge desk, and restaurant staff. The breakfast staff was rushed to say the least. They sat us with not welcoming. I confirmed that this was the “free” breakfast. After not being treated for several minutes I asked a waitress if we were supposed to help ourselves to the buffet and was told yes. Half way through breakfast we were offered juice and coffee. When I asked to for the bill so that I could tip the waitress I was informed that our “free” breakfast was $50+ as we had scrambled eggs and bacon from the buffet.

This is my first and absolute LAST time I wil ever stay at this hotel. The property is fine but the thought that this is a “higher end” Marriott is an absolute joke relating to service level. Very disappointed in Marriott and their staff. Not what I have come to expect and not what I would expect spending 300,000+ points on a 2 night stay for 2 rooms.

Room tip: Choose the Westin over the Marriott
3  Thank matthewsX3456OS
Reviewed 14 April 2022

We just returned from a week at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa and it was amazing! The staff was all very nice, and the property was beautiful. We have been trying to go to Hawaii since December 2019 and Covid had canceled every prior to this but we finally made it. At check in the front desk attendant was awesome and upgraded us to an ocean front room. With the package we booked we received a $200 dining credit at the Kuhio Grill and Queensbreak as well as a one-day cabana rental. We never tried the breakfast buffet at Kuhio ($43 is a little steep for breakfast per person) but we loved Queensbreak. Food is a little more expensive all over the island, but we loved Queensbreak for its convenience. The cabana rental was great for a lazy day by the pool. Others have complained about the elevators, but we never had a problem. Other reviews have also complained about the beach right across the street with the walls but just on either side are open beaches. If you have small children the walled beaches are calm and shallow, perfect for the littles. If you are on the fence about booking this hotel - do it!! My husband is not a crowds person and I was concerned that he would not enjoy the total touristy-ness of Waikiki but he loved it. We only rented a car for one day as parking is pretty pricey but there is public transportation available and a cab service that works directly with the resort. We had a great vacation, there was something for my husband and I as well as our 14-year-old daughter. Best vacation ever!!

Room tip: Ocean Front rooms in the front building are amazing!
4  Thank TravelingNVFam