“Totally class act!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kaimana Divers

Kaimana Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unlock the power of the Ocean with a dive excursion with Kaimana Divers. Our daily dives get you out to the best reefs and wrecks Oahu has to offer. We dive ALL sides of Oahu and can organize to get even the most inexperienced divers ready to make incredible memories in only a few short hours. Dive Oahu with our passionate PADI instructors. We have the patience, professionalism and experience to make your day of diving the highlight of your vacation. Call today and see the amazing underwater world tomorrow!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Totally class act!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I've been diving for nearly 20 years, and on my recent visit to Oahu I tried to hook up with several operators who were booked with no availability. I ended up finding the number to Gabe with Kaimana divers, and what a blessing it was! Totally laid back family guy, Gabe picked me up from my hotel in Waikiki, and with his fellow divers for the day, we made our way over to the western side of Oahu. Once there, we were greeted by Captain Mike and his proud diving ship, South Seas II. We motored out of the marina, (all five of us, yes FIVE of us) and within 20 minutes, we were 80 feet down diving a great wreck named Mahi! FIrst ones on the wreck, it was absolutely beautiful!!! We counted nearly 40 spotted eagle rays flying in two separate patterns on the wreck, and alongside them, tons of local fish. From there, another dive among some caves in about 30-40 feet with more Turtles than you can count. For me, the best part was watching as we surfaced after both dives, the same companies I was trying to book with both showing up with their boatload of 40+ divers, ready to visit what the five of us had already opened the morning with. I'm from Fort Lauderdale, and it's home to some of the best wreck diving in America. I am also in the customer support business, and although I love new wrecks, what most impressed me with Gabe and his company was his commitment to making sure you have a great morning with him. From being picked up and dropped off at my hotel, to fresh cut Pineapple after each dive, and then topping it off with his own homemade sandwiches on the way back to the marina, I give him 5 stars ++ on my first dive in Hawaii! Kaimana Divers scuba friends!!!! You will definitely be a repeat customer!

1 Thank airman143
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Edmonton,AB
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful dive operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I choose Kaimana divers because of the reviews I read on Scubaboard.com I did 2 days of diving with Gabe and his crew and all I can say is it was a wonderful experience. They add that personnel touch by looking after you and make you feel at home. They will pick you up at your hotel and return you. The boats are great and the groups are usually small. Dive Kaimana Divers you will not be disappointed.

Seattle
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I dived with Kaimana Divers several times now – last year and this year. I had my Advanced Open Water certification done with them. I’ve recommended friends to them. Their team is awesome. Small operation with small group dives. The most people I dived with have been 4 other divers and as small as two divers. They’re fun, laid back, and very friendly. I will be going back for future dives with them. Highly recommended!

Seattle, Washington, United States
“What a great week of diving!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was the second time diving with Kaimana, and, once again, it was an awesome time. Gabe, Christine, and Drew are truly awesome. When diving on Oahu, all of the companies can take you to the same dive sites. But Gabe and his crew at Kaimana give you a personal touch that other larger dive companies just can't provide. While we were on our boat diving a spectacular wreck, seeing eagle rays, octopus, and diving in caverns, with just four people, we witnessed another boat with a "boat load" of divers :) I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to dive with a smaller group to see all there is to see in the wild instead of someone else's fins.

Edmonton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“From an instructors POV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

As an instructor working in the industry for over 10 years it's always a bit tricky finding a good center who is going to be accommodating to the types of dives i'd like to see.
In the past I have been placed at the back of the group behind an Open Water class diving the sand and aftermath of student divers.
Finding Gabe at Kiamana divers was evident that this wasn't going to be the case. He came down to the marina to meet us and chatted about what types of diving we could do over the next few days helping us pick the best sites for two days of diving.
With my Fiance having to descend slowly due to slight ear problems Gabe was happy that we went down at our own pace and followed our dive plan and computers NDL for the dive.
After the first day we discovered that Gabe and I had had contact on Face Book over 4 years ago with diving related topics so we took that as a sign that we were with the right shop.

The second day took us to a different part of the island and it became evident that gabe has established a great re-pore with boat owners around the island meaning diverse sites from day to day.

All in all we both had a great few days with Gabe and the team at kiamana divers not only in the water but out of it too. Gabe is passionate about diving and providing a good service to all his guests and students and goes out of his way to do so.

We'll be back for sure.