We stayed for 2 weeks at this hotel. Wyndham owner so not sure what other travellers are put in. Staff are very helpful, friendly and personable. Hotel was clean, rooms were nicely decorated and modern, very comfortable. Room was furnished with a KS bed, tv/dvd/cd/radio, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, blender and cutlery, plates etc. convenient for breakfast or quick lunch. Small table with 2 chairs and also patio with couple chairs. Hotel had a laundry room, media and tv room. Was in close walking distance to beach and main drag. Trolley bus stop a block away. The pool is small and only limited loungers but we always managed to get one. We only saw one family with kids so it was relaxed and quiet.
If you are looking for tour deals don't do Expedia as you can get exact same tours through www.savontourshawaii.com or www.hawaiidiscount.com for much less if you book online. Also check for coupons in magazines for good deals. If you are in Hawaii for the beach only then you should book a hotel on the beach. North end of beach is much quieter and nicer. Half day rental for 2 loungers and umbrella was $20.
Some of tours and attractions we did were the Paradise Cove Luau. What a beautiful location and resort. We debated whether to do this one or Germaine's Luau but was told Germaine's is located in an industrial area.North Shore tour was much better than the South Shore. We didn't want to spend a whole day on Circle tour. Pearl Harbour very interesting and do the pre show as it gives you an insight to how it all went down.
The www.waikikitrolley.com trolley pass is worth purchasing. We bought the 4 day pass which you could use any days. Looking at their site you will also find good deals for tours. Pink line is more public and will take you to the ala moana center that has restaurants on top floor and over 260 stores. Red and Green lines are sight seeing tours. We did all lines round trips one day to see what was out there and went back on other days to hop on/off to the places of interest to us. The Palace was very interesting and really nice area and good photo opportunities. The Diamond Head walk is tiring and has over 260 steps to climb but well worth it for the view over Waikiki when you get up there. Don't forget your sunscreen and water and wear runners or walking shoes for a more comfortable experience. The Aquarium is small and doesn't take long to walk around but worth a visit to see the 2 Monk Seals there and the variety of colorful fish. Hilo Hattie's is one of the stops but basically an indoor market of everything you can get elsewhere. The Dole Plantation is nice and also has the most delicious pineapple ice cream!
We shopped at the Food Pantry to begin with but later just shopped in the ABC which was cheaper and on every corner practically. Eating out can be expensive but depends on your tastes. We were there for 2 weeks and never managed to get into the Dukes. Not sure if this was because of food or location. We had a buffet breakfast at the Shore Bird restaurant one day which is in the Outrigger Reef. Was $13.95 for all you can eat and includes juices and coffee etc. They also do a lunch and dinner buffet with Kareoke most evenings. There is a 50% off coupon in one of the free magazines and Oahu Gold I believe that come out weekly.
I also liked the California Pizza Kitchen beside Macy's as you could watch the world go by from the outdoor patio. The other show close to here is the Magic of Polynesian show. Seating is weird but show is pretty good if you like illusionists. I wouldn't do the pre dinner on this show or the Legends show not worth the money. The Legends show is okay but not worth $55 as it really only runs for an hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki offers vacation ownership units within a high rise; mostly studios with a few one and two-bedroom suites. Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki is an ideal choice for a quiet stays in Waikiki while being within walking distance to all the action. The building is mixed use with 140 Wyndham units and 68 privately owned condos. In additions to the free laundry room and fitness center, Wyndham guests and owners have access to the game room and the media lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Garden Waikiki Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Wyndham Royal Garden At Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii