Breakers Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$ 293
US$ 234
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 285/night.

US$ 488
US$ 255
US$ 229
Outrigger.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 308/night.

US$ 424
US$ 286
US$ 371
US$ 332
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 404/night.

All reviewspool courtyardlike coming homevisit oahugarbage truckshalekulani hotelsmall kitchenettewaikiki beachthe royal hawaiiandiamond headblockonsite
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've stayed here several times over the years and will continue to return simply because you can't beat the price and the location.My chief complaint is that the room I was in (134 I believe) is badly in need of some updating and if not that at least a deep cleaning.When I first entered I wasn't sure I wanted to walk barefoot.The carpeting is beyond cleaning and quite simply needs to be replaced.There are louvered closet doors that are so filled with dust and grime that they border on gross.The wallpaper is horribly outdated and shows it's age.
Aside from the room, the staff and all the guests are incredibly friendly.The hotel provides free wifi which is avail as you sit around the pool..quite nice.All I can really say is that it's time to put some money into this place and spruce it up.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank butchpSt_PaulMn
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Small hotel less than a block from Waikiki Beach. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and adequate. Not a lot of frills, but we didn't come to Hawaii to stay in a hotel room. Leaving the key with the desk clerk turned out to be actually good. The staff gets to know you, and you them, plus they know who's there. I have to state that it was the first time in ages that I had seen a TV with a channel dial and knobs, but it worked fine. If we go back, this hotel will certainly higher on list than the mega-hotels like the Hilton or the Hyatt.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Phaidraigh
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed at Breakers in March, 2011, but I forgot to write a review. It is a two story hotel less than a block from the beach, with a pool in the courtyard area. There is a reception desk at the entrance where you leave your key when you leave the property. We liked this feature because that way they know who's coming and going. I believe it is family-owned and we met many return guests. It is older but well kept. Our room was upstairs and had a nice lanai with 2 chairs and a table, a kitchen with mini frig, toaster, etc. It is quiet, the rooms and grounds are clean, and the staff is very friendly. There are no elevators, so you can just walk right up to your room. There is coffee next to the pool in the morning. There are 2 resident kitties who stay near the reception desk. When we checked out they presented us with beautiful, fresh flower lei's for our return trip home, plus we got a Christmas card from them with a photo of the staff. Some nice, personal touches from a charming little hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank Aloha247
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We almost chose this hotel since we like interesting unconventional places but were leery as we have been burned by the "funky" factor before. We chose instead a more expensive safe bet big box hotel for our Honolulu vacation. I wish now we had chosen The Breakers. I stopped by there today to check it out. Yes, it is old and a bit dated but so much as to be kinda cool again. The attendent was very friendly. It is in a terrific location near our favorite beach area in a park with trees. The rooms were simple but clean. It is a quiet spot yet close to all the Waikiki hubbub. If we visit Waikiki again we will stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012
12  Thank kinwa
Reviewed 1 February 2012

If you really want the experience of Hawaii, stay at The Breakers. The staff are unbelievable. I can't say enought good things about the wonderful people who work there.
The room is old, but who cares, the rest of the property makes up for it.
I was fortunate to stay for a week, Jan 20th to 28th, wasn't long enough, already started saving for a 2 week stay!!

Room Tip: Pool view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends