Lowest prices for your stay
$503
Free cancellation until 16/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Site
Hotels.com$503
Travelocity$503
FindHotel$549
6,281 results
All reviews hula grill ocean front dukes restaurant hula pie waikiki beach lower lobby partial ocean view the cheesecake factory diamond head oceanfront room city view international marketplace our honeymoon the royal hawaiian hotel guests an umbrella north shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

This is my first and last time to stay here. The staff is friendly, but the facilities are old and tired, with heavy dark furniture that hasn't seen an update since the 90s. And the music from Duke's is unreasonably loud. There is no reason for me to hear someone belting out cover songs at 10pm at night when I'm halfway across the hotel. The front desk staff automatically offered me earplugs, but isn't that absurd? That you'd rather hand out earplugs than turn down the volume for what is supposed to be a relaxing vacation destination? My friends and I could all hear it from our rooms on different floors - it seems to me if you want to have music every night, the volume should be low enough that people who want to partake can visit Duke's, and those who don't can go to their rooms without being forced to use earplugs.

This entire experience was like Vegas had a baby with a cruise ship. Loud, crowded, and dated. I'll never come here again.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ShrekkieZoo
Soo Tana, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Aloha ShrekkleZoo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I had a chance to read your review and was very disappointed to hear about your experience. We valued your honest feedback and appreciated your sharing with us. Your concerns have been discussed with the team and are definitely doing something about it.
Thank you again for allowing us to host you and hoping to see you when you are in the area. Please reach out to me directly at owk@outrigger.com if you have any questions.

Mahalo Nui Loa,
So'o Tana
Area Director of Front Services

Reviewed 9 May 2022

The outrigger may have been a grand place a decade ago, but in 2022 its a dump. We stayed on the 10th floor - the hallways smelled like marijuana and the decor was from the 90s [at best]. The windows were all single pane and the rooms did not seem to have any sound insulation -- so every single sound from the street [and believe me at 10pm there are TONS of people with amplifiers and megaphones down there] comes right on in. We had terrible trouble sleeping between the noise and the worn out mattress [the sheets however were very soft!]
The pool area is tiny and cramped - so dont expect to get a chair - and if you're thinking you'll just get one on the beach - they'll be charging you $85/day for one. Figure you'll just spread out a towel? good luck - the beach area is narrow and most of it is covered by those hotel chairs. You'll be lucky to find a spot without walking a good distance.
We expected to have a fridge and coffee maker - they were located in the bathroom?!?! -- who wants a side of airborne germs with their coffee? The tub in our room was also comical. It was about 12" deep and maybe 3' long. I could barely even sit in it with my knees folded completely.
The location is right on the strip and central to Waikiki [if thats what you want].
Have a late flight out and hoping for a late checkout? The hotel is happy to help you out for $25/hour! [never been charged for a late checkout before this!!]

My recommendation? Go to Maui. Or at least stay somewhere else.

Room tip: Best tip: Look for something else
Date of stay: April 2022
2  Thank nosamk
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort Management, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2022

Aloha and thank you for your feedback,

We clearly did not meet your expectations for which we apologize. We are sorry to see your list of disappointments as well. We truly appreciate your feedback. Your feedback is important to us. We will certainly use your feedback for our management team to review and identify areas in need of improvement.

With warm Island Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2022 via mobile

We have been coming to this hotel since 2002 and have always loved it. There is no better part of the Waikiki beach than this hotel. However, it has lots lots of it cleanliness. It needs a serious update to the rooms. While the staff is just as friendly as ever, I just could not finish our vacation at this location. My husband and I decided to move to their sister property, Outrigger Reef. It has done a recent update and is worth every penny you spend. I hope Outrigger will consider doing an update to this location because we love the location and friendliness of the staff, but even these benefits could overcome the darkness and stale dated rooms.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mahika33
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort Management, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

Aloha, and greetings from the Hawaiian Islands,

We appreciate you taking the time in letting us know how your recent stay was with us. Thank you for being a loyal return guest of the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, and at this circumstances we understand with the relocation of our sister property. We hope that you had wonderful time at the Outrigger Reef. Your feedback will be shared with all of our team members. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Until next time, warm Island Regards from us all.

Reviewed 5 May 2022

When either staying in the hotel or visiting restaurants or the bar I’ve always had nothing but great things to say about the Outrigger. I am staying at a different hotel this time but a couple of days ago, rented beach chairs and an umbrella for the day and hit the bar afterwards for dinner and it was a great experience. Today I head back to rent beach chairs and an umbrella and was told I could only have a table if I tipped well. Seriously? I told the attendant I didn’t have any cash on me and he told me he had Venmo. Honestly I think this is just extremely rude. Especially given the price of beach rentals at the moment at $90 for the day. Saddened by this lack of service in an otherwise great hotel.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank traceypT6446YS
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort Management, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2022

Aloha and greetings from the Hawaiian Islands,

We appreciate you taking the time of sharing your feedback with us. We are disheartening to hear about your inconvenience experience you had encountered with the beach chair rental in which we apologize. We will certainly use your feedback to identify areas in need of improvement. Your feedback will be shared with all of our team members. Until next time, warm Island Regards from us all.

Reviewed 29 April 2022

My favorite hotel in Waikiki. You can’t beat the location. Great staff and rooms. You can leave the door open and go to sleep to a real ocean machine. With dukes restaurant downstairs I guarantee a good time.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort Management, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2022

Aloha Worldtravelerpb1, and thank you for taking the time in providing such positive feedback about your recent stay with us at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our beachfront resort location and to be on the list as your favorite hotel We truly appreciate your feedback and 5-stars rating of our resort. Be assured that this feedback will be shared with our entire team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Island Regards