Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun time diving

Went on a two tank wreck dive and a reef dive. Crew and captain were friendly and fun to dive... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
DavidSunnyvale
Sunnyvale, California
via mobile
Great Experience

Me and my boys did two days of diving with Island Divers last week. We have approx. 70 open water... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
evej263

Recommended experiences in and around Oahu
from US$ 160.00
from US$ 114.14
from US$ 106.31
from US$ 75.01
More Info
All reviews drift dive dive shop dive master octopus fantasy reef baby barge captain joe these guys spitting caves boat crew open water eagle rays dive experience rental gear certified diver great dive surface interval
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My best friend, wife and I used Island Divers to get our Basic Scuba Certification during our trip to Oahu in Jan 2021.

Even before our arrival, we were met with great customer service over the phone when we had questions. Bailey was very helpful on the phone with me when I needed some clarification and was having issues with the online training portion of the certification.

Upon arrival (and after completing 5-8 hours of online training), we met Kevin and Kirk, who were our instructors the first day. We had to take a written test and then went to a pool nearby to practice scuba skills in a controlled environment. We were in a class with 3 others, so the ratio of 2 instructors to 6 students felt very safe.

After finishing the skills portion in the pool, we went back to the Island Divers’ shop and boarded a boat, which had adequate space and appeared to be very nice. Taylor was our captain and did a great job explaining safety rules to us and getting us to where we were going. There were snacks and water aboard the boat.

The first day of class (about an 8 hour day) ended with two, 25-30 minute, dives at Koko Crater. We checked off our required skills on these dives and saw Rays, eels, and several turtles on these dives.

By the end of the first day I was comfortable with my equipment and felt very safe with the training and instructors we had. Island divers provided all necessary equipment for the dives, which all appeared to be in good shape. I had provided my own mask and snorkel for the training.

The second day of training consisted of two more dives on the boat. Initially in the email, it stated that we should be at the shop at one time, but I called to clarify and was told we could delay about an hour, as the time listed was for people using shuttle service or something (can’t quite remember).

We arrived, were given equipment and loaded the boat for two more dives. This time our dive instructor was Chandler. Chandler was very friendly and knowledgeable, as well. He explained the rules and answered any questions we had. We completed our two remaining dives and had gone down to 42 feet deep. We went to Koko Craters and Turtle Canyon for our dives. My wife, my friend and I all felt very comfortable after all of these dives and always felt safe throughout the experience. The dive sites were very beautiful and we saw a lot of wildlife down there.

We will definitely be recommending this place to any friends traveling to Hawaii in the future. We will also be returning on our next trip to the island.

Thanks again to Bailey, Taylor, Chandler and most of all to Kirk and Kevin who did an awesome job and made our experience very fun and memorable.

1  Thank ajohnson2318
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My brother and I had an AMAZING experience getting SSI Scuba Certified with Island Divers Hawaii! Anna and Hunter were so awesome and communicative, and the training process was flawless! 100% recommend.

Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

Excellent diving experience. Great equipment and dive boat. The crew took good care of us. Captain Nick brought his dog Duke which added to the fun :)

Reviewed 19 January 2021

Spent two days getting SSI OW Certified. First time diving, definitely took some work but totally worth it. Hunter was a great teacher and made the whole experience really enjoyable. Will be back soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2021

We worked with Anna as our instructor and both days of ocean diving our captain was Taylor on the barge boat. Anna could not have made the class any better. She is so much fun and such an amazing teacher. I feel confident in my ability as a diver because of her. Taylor was an awesome captain, we really enjoyed having her both days! I will definitely return for future dives and classes (hopefully with Anna). Thank you island divers for an amazing experience.