“Very informative”
Review of Oahu Diving

Oahu Diving
Ranked #1 of 326 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: "Going diving just got easier." That's right, with Oahu Diving we specialize in small group diving tours and first time scuba diving experiences that require no license. Let us take you on a relaxed dive charter with emphasis on safety, fun and personalized attention. You won't get lost in our group! *Must know how to swim- please see our website "Contact" page for more details. Certain restrictions apply.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Edison, New Jersey, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very informative”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Oahu diving was a wonderful experience. The instructor Erik was very knowledgeable and patient. It was great for a first time diver. I highly recommend them if you are a new or experienced diver.

1 Thank Crystal B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
“Amazing Oahu Experience!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My girlfriend and I went with Oahu Diving this past weekend and it was absolutely fantastic!! It had been my second time scuba diving but it was only the first time for my girlfriend. From the beginning until the moment we left the docks, Erik and Andre were both very helpful, patient, and enthusiastic. They also made the diving experience so fun! They were eager to help us learn, get mentally prepped, and into our gears. They were courteous and extremely patient with everyone. Their explanations were easy to learn and quite informative. Erik was extremely thorough in explaining what to expect even before we got into the water. As such, there was very little drama once we got in. My girlfriend panicked at first but eased up after acclimating to the water.

The whole trip took only three hours, this included fitting in our gears, explanation of our gears and equipment, learning basic diving maneuvers, going out to our diving spots, doing two dives and two tanks, and coming back to the docks.

The actual diving experience was fabulous!! We saw many sea turtles. The turtles weren't timid at all! There were also a lot of fish, schools and schools of them. Erik even managed to catch an octopus for us to play with. We would gently push back the octopus as it tries to swim away, trying to camouflage at the same time! There were many sea urchins and Erik warned us about that. He said if you were stung by one, you would pretty much get a "tattoo" for a couple of days. Well, despite me watching out for them constantly, during the beginning of the second dive, my adventurous side took over and I ended up swimming all over the place looking at sea urchins. Unfortunately, I blindly backed up and my ankle hit one of them and I got stung. Surprisingly it didn't hurt much or it didn't hurt at all! I continued diving and the "tattoo" went away the next day.

The costs came out to be $150 per person. We also included tip for them. Erik took tons of pictures and didn't charge us anything for them. He also promptly sent us our pictures that very night.

In short, Oahu Diving is highly recommended! It's a must do if you get a chance to visit Honolulu!

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An experience of a life time”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Erik, Kim and Yoshi are an amazing group that insure that your dive is successful and safe. This was our first time diving and we have an experience of a life time. We were a bit worry before the dive, but right from the first contact with Oahu Diving they make you feel comfortable and safe. Jeff sends you a really detail message with all the instruction and things for your to bring a board. PLEASE READ IT.

Make sure you listen to the instruction, give you true weight to Erik. Him and his team will make sure you will have a great time. This experience is worth every penny.

Also, Erik makes deadly furniture. ;)

1 Thank Helder_Mauricio
Henderson, Nevada
“absolutely fantastic experience”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I went not really expecting much but came away with the experience of a lifetime. Erik and the crew were absolute professionals with the safety of the divers always in mind. I really felt comfortable with them and the expertise they portrayed and the ease of which they made me feel about my first diving experience. If you are even remotely considering a scuba experience, I would choose no other than Oahu diving. Never did I feel in harms way, in danger or that I could not partake and enjoy my first diving experience in any way. They really are true professionals with the safety of their customers in mind. An overall wonderful experience. thanks guys!

Spring valley lake, ca
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Afternoon of Diving”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Had a great day of Diving, We dove kokmo crater and turtle canyon, saw turtles and octopus!
Like to give out to dive guide Drew!! made it a fabulous dive!!!