“Repeat stay - great location and staff”

Waikiki Beach Condominiums
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We came back after staying here last year. Again, Jeanie and the staff were fantastic. Our room on the 9th floor had been upgraded with tile floors and granite countertops. 5-10 minute walk to the beach and happy hour along the Waikiki strip! Secured parking and entry to the building. The condo was clean when we checked in. The condo has a kitchen, washer/dryer, TV (if you really need it!). Any groceries/liquor you might need are right around the corner at the Food Pantry on Kuhio Ave. The building is not on the beach, but you can definitely see the ocean. We loved sitting out on the balcony to eat or just enjoy the weather. We will go back when we visit Oahu again!

Room Tip: Talk to Jeanie!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aeronca7ac
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is our second time staying at Waikiki Beach Condos (444 Nahua, Waikiki) and again, we LOVED it. Hands down the best place in town for the price!

Location: Located next to the beautiful Ala Wai Canal, the building is down a quieter side street (Nahua). We prefer the location because it is a bit quieter and away from the busy main drag. One side of the building overlooks the beautiful Ala Wai Canal, where you can watch people peacefully kayaking. Beyond are the gorgeous mountains. The other side of the building overlooks the city (beautiful at night) and a glimpse of the water.

Amenities: Fully stocked kitchen with utensils, glasses, mugs, silverware, pots and pans. If you want to SAVE MONEY on your trip, a kitchen is very useful -- you can cook in and skip the expensive restaurants. Rice cooker, full size coffee maker, and water heater for tea, full stove and fridge. Large flat screen TV takes HDMI (bring your own cable) so that you can hook up your computer if you want to watch Netflix. Satellite TV has all major channels. High speed cable internet included. Comfortable beds, clean linens, etc. Our specific condo was updated with granite countertops and floor tiling.

Security: The building is secured by "swipe cards" / magnetic keys which control the doors, parking gates, and elevators. There are security monitors in the lobby. We felt very secure and safe in and around the building.

Staff: Jeanie, Rusie, Marian, Mary and the rest of the staff are amazing. They will make you feel like family. Customer service is top notch. Everything was ready for us when we arrived. Jeanie made extra sure we were comfortable. The housekeeping staff are friendly and smile as you see them in the hallways or in the elevators.

Nearby: Starbucks across the street, general grocery store down two blocks. Waikiki Beach a 2-minute walk. 2 minute drive up Ala Wai to H1 East/West exit. Across the street a place called Ahi Bowl with excellent Poke, Ahi and vegetarian food to go.

Value: This place is a great deal for what you get. Hotels are overrated and overpriced. Try this place and you won't regret it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank mythicalmel
Reviewed 1 March 2012

After a 6-1/2 hour evening flight from Anchorage, Alaska we arrived at our deluxe condo for a two week stay with only thoughts of getting some sleep. We awoke next morning to the sounds of a bustling city which would be a normal thing being how that we were right in the center of Waikiki. Opening our lanai doors on the ninth floor, we had our coffee out on the lanai taking in the beautiful warm weather and magnificent scenery overlooking Ala Wai Canal. What a contrast from the -15 below weather and snow we have been subjected to off and on for the last couple months. We were overjoyed to be at 444 Nahua Waikiki Beach Condominiums!

As a lifelong Alaskan who has grown up in rural Alaska I have learned never to have high expectations about anything, by expecting the worse I am never disappointed. In my many years of travel throughout Mexico and the United States no matter where I stay First class or not, I have always found that by keeping my expectations low I have an enjoyable experience.

With that thought in mind, we found that staying at 444 Nahua Waikiki Beach Condominiums was a delightful experience. From making our reservation to check-in and check-out the staff was absolutely professional. After our coffee in the morning practically every day of our stay, it was an absolute pleasure to go up on the roof that overlooks Waikiki, take in some sun for a couple hours, use the workout room for a while, turn up the sauna as high as possible, sit there and just sweat, then jump in the pool for a 20 minute workout. I called the roof of Waikiki Beach Condominiums “My Health Spa” what a place to stay to renew your energy and create more of a positive mind. Alaskan I am who lives in darkness most of the winter “it’s a good thing”.

For logistics, 444 Nahua Waikiki Beach Condominiums is the perfect place to be. Everything you need food wise is right outside the door within a short walk from our condo. For those that smoke I even found a smoke shop a half a block from the condos with reasonable prices verus ABC stores which in price are outrageous.

We chose not to rent a car, why? We were not interested in fighting traffic or traveling around the island. As senior citizen’s we rode the bus (half block away from our condo) to Sealife park for a buck apiece, roundtrip. In close proximity was the International Market Place, walk through it and you’re out on Kalakaua Avenue, the main drag where all the action is during the evening. Highlights of our trip was listening to Troy Fernandez and daughters sing on the sidewalks of the avenue and listening to Sunway sing her heart out over at Swim at the Hyatt Regency. For semi-fine dining we took in the Cheesecake Factory across the street from the International Market place. Excellent food and Of Course the Cheesecake was out of this world!

All in All, our stay at 444 Nahua Waikiki Beach Condominiums was comfortable. All appliances worked, my sister who slept in the bedroom enjoyed her sleep, the new fold away bed they brought me was OK, the best thing I enjoyed in the condo was the shower, pressure was perfect with plenty of hot water. Not a five star place, however, I still rate it 5 Stars.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Alaskan_Iam
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This place is amazing! From price, to the customer service, to the staff, to the amenities offered, to the location, I just can't say enough. I plan on staying there every year from now on and telling everyone what a great deal and comfortable stay you get at these condos. Jeanie went out of her way to accomidate my wife who had gotten there a few days before the family on business and made it her mission to get her in early. Once we were there the washer and dryer was a life saver having two small kids and lots of sandy clothes. The security of the building gave us piece of mind, and the staff was extremely friendly and quick to respond when anything was needed. I highly recommend Jeanie (very nice) and the Waikiki Beach Condos.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My job took me to Oahu for a month during the high season, so finding any room at a reasonable price was a challenge. Most places want extra $$ for parking, internet, and 'resort fees' - but not Jeanie! With washer and dryer in the unit Waikiki Beach Condos had everything I needed for an extended stay. Jeanie's units were all booked but she managed to find me one from another owner, with only one day notice - how's that for service?

One block from Starbucks, two blocks from the only large grocer in Waikiki, right next to the Ala Wai Canal (which is a great place to get in a morning or evening jog). This is the place to stay if you plan on being in town a while and want to save some bucks, without sacrificing on comfort and style.

If you are an early riser and like to see the sunrise, ask for a unit facing east (the 01 to 06 units). The view of Diamond Head from the upper floors is stupendous. If you like to sit on the patio and enjoy your meals outdoors with a view of the ocean, then request a south facing unit. A north facing unit is also available for views of the Pali hills and Ala Wai Canal (I did not stay in one of these units).

I will be returning in July and I plan on staying with Jeanie again, I cannot imaging paying extra someplace else for all the things she includes for free.

Room Tip: East facing units numbered xx01 and xx02 are sunny in the morning and have killer views of Diamond H...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business