Black Duck Inn
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$ 279
  • Pool
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$ 475
US$ 236
Cliffside Inn(Newport)
US$ 480
Official Site
All reviewspinot noirchardonnay roombox of chocolatesscrambled eggs with cheesehomemade cookies in the afternooncoffee juicejacuzzi tub in the roomnice womanlovely accommodationsbreakfast was deliciousboth morningsupgraded to a suitequeen size bedparking is tightthese issuesstay there againsmall room
Reviewed 6 November 2010

This is hands-down the best B&B in NPT. Lovely, clean, comfortable rooms; park and walk to everywhere in downtown newport; affordable yet first-rate. Best part of the whole place is the inn-keeper Jeannie, who goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is the best ever. This is my 3d time there and I'm planning on staying there when I return.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank krkaczmarski
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I chose this B&B based on the modern photos on the web site. I knew the inn had been recently renovated, so I expected it to be very clean and updated. We stayed in the Chardonnay room. I had read that the rooms were very "cozy" so I was not surprised at the very small size. What did surprise me...the disgusting old pink carpet and the badly outdated bathroom. The tile in the bathroom was very old, stained, and cracked. The sink was faux marble and stained by old cigarettes. The shower was a plastic stall with shower curtain. There are some positives about staying here which include the fantastic location and the breakfast. The breakfast consisted of great blueberry muffins, yogurt, cereals, bagels, orange juice, and fruit. We were also offered hotcakes and sausage made to order which were very good. I think the inn would be more appropriately priced at $110 a night. We also had a very peaceful night with the window open for fresh air. Beware if visiting in the summer since the inn does not have A/C. Queen size bed was nice, but pillows hard as rocks.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Golden0327
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Booked this place pretty last minute after deciding to get away for Labor Day. Booked the room no problem. When we checked in and went to the room, it was kinda stuffy, although it wasn't too hot out. I called the front desk, and indicated it was pretty hot and was there anything they could do.. WELL THEY DID!! They upgraded us for FREE to the Champagne Suite without even a word. The room was absolutely great, the staff extremely friendly, and you can't be any closer to the action. Its only like 50ft to Thames Street, although even at night it was pretty quiet at the room.

I WOULD DEFINATELY STAY AGAIN!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING CHRIS~

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Our first visit to Newport, we chose the Black Duck Inn after seeing room pictures on the website. It has two sister properties on the same street. Our room was spacious, well apportioned and very comfortable. The Inn has had recent renovations and other rooms looked very nice also. The proximity to Bannister's Wharf, America's Cup Blvd, Bellevue and lower Thames made the location almost ideal. There is some low level bass noise from a bar about a block away, but quiets after midnight. Breakfast was fully home cooked, and the pastries were wonderful. Everyone on the staff was exceptionally helpful and informative which made our visit quite pleasant. Newport is a very walkable city, and this location provided easy access to dining, mansions, sigtseeing - pretty much everything one would want to do here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I stayed at the Black Duck Inn for 1 night in December, and have stayed there in past trips to Newport. This is a clean hotel with modern decorations in an excellent location if you want to be close to all the fun Newport activities downtown. They offer a delicious homemade breakfast in the morning and snacks (ie: homemade cookies) in the afternoon. They also have free wine tasting events on most weekend so you get to know the people working at the Inn. Everyone I've met has been very nice as well as accommodating. Excellent value. I would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends